Trying to achieve i higher revving engine. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trying to achieve i higher revving engine.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:18 AM
What parts do i need to get a higher revving engine.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road

Re: Trying to achieve i higher revving engine.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:40 AM
first off, what engine are you trying to rev?

what else has been done to the motor?

Etc,

what are your final plans for this.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:48 PM
Well first. thats why i asked the questions so i know what i need to buy. second the engine is a 95 2.2L

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:23 PM
just off the top of my head, new valves, new valve springs, roller rockers, Hp tuners to raise the rev limiter

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:46 PM
Thanks redz. but also i have OBD 1 so i think tuner cat might work. Thanks for all the help . Now i just need to find a place that sells roller rockers for a 1995 2.2L and valve springs. i know where to get valves though.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:03 PM
summit racing.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:04 PM
wondering where you're located though.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:12 PM
I live in Manitoba, Canada.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:21 PM
Not to mention the LN2/LT-1 lifter mod (Search it here!), which helps maintain stability in higher RPMs (IIRC).

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:05 PM
Thank you i will do the research on it. i just wasn't sure of what to search.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:26 PM
I can't find the thread would you know the link?

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:31 PM
I have trouble posting links on this board, but here's the title: LT-1/LN2 hybrid lifter mod

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:52 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=348365&t=348365

that thread is like a secondary god to me.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:02 PM
Make the stroke shorter and in turn you'll have a higher rpm motor. That's if of course you higher the rev limiter.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:31 PM
Another thing that you would also need is a new camshaft. The car isn't going to make any power reving any higher unless you have a cam profile that is made for making power in the higher rpm range. Also I don't know what the 2.2L bottom end is good for but the crankshaft, connecting rods, bearings etc..... all should be looked into as well. It all depends on what your really looking to do. What kind of RPM range are you wanting to rev too?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:12 AM
Bob Guptil has proven the LN2 crank is practically nuke-proof, but for rods at least go with Eagle H-beams & check-out forged pistons as well. This will lighten-up the recipocating-assembly considerably & help it rev-up quicker.

As for cam, a small-block Chevy hydraulic-roller lobe profile reground onto the cam is a way to go, with consideration to the lobe displacement/separation angle staying wide (LIke stock) or increased or decreased by 1* (The max you can go on a regrind of it) depending on how narrow of power-band you want. And don't go crazy with the profile either, as it will come-back to bite you in the butt.

While I'm here, I might as well bring-up something that's been neglected so far: Ignition. The stock system isn't gonna cut it when the revs get about so high (Like, higher than you'd realistically would rev a stock engine), so investment in a good add-on system like MSD's DIS-2 with coils, coil adaptors (To help intergrate the controler with the ICM (Where the coils mount)) and Superconductor wires (No custom-lengths available, so you'll hafta fit 'em yourself. It's easy!) will provide the neccessary quick-rise coil charging to help light-off the fuel mixture in the rev-range you're shooting for. And since it's a capacitive-discharge, multiple-strike ignition it'll help the engine run better below 3000rpm & aid fuel-economy. Just be sure to use a good high-conductive high-durability plug with it gapped to stock (I've been there, so I should know) if you don't feel like re-gapping them too often.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:21 AM
Thanks for the help. im gonna start saving up for these parts. I already had a few of them in mind. but now im for sure about them. Also would a 95 2.3L be compatible with the 2.2L tranny?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:40 AM
the cam profile we run in our stock cars is a 4000-7000 rpm range and works great. also the h beams should be used for strength, a motor like yours and mine doesnt need them they are to strong but no one makes a lightweight i beam. i think i am going to do that next have some custom all motor manley i beams made for it
Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:48 AM
aluminum flywheel would help a ton as well
Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:24 PM
to answer the most recent question about the 2.3 to the 2.2 tranny, no, won't work.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:36 PM
Bob Guptill wrote:aluminum flywheel would help a ton as well

When I bought mine a few years ago, I remember this was the cheapest place. Hope this helps.

http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=30443

Thursday, September 18, 2008 1:48 PM
I got my short shifter from ultrarev, great place to deal with.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:30 PM
Everything has been a help thanks guys im gonna do some more research also.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search