Intake Problem, GAS!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake Problem, GAS!!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:55 PM
I put my intake manifold and TB back on today and hooked everything up, it started after a couple cranks. Then i got out to check it and there was gas POURING down the driver side. So i checked out some connections it's hard to tell but i took the metal tube going to the intake manifold on the driver side by the break booster out the o'ring was missing could that posslibly be it or is there another place i could look. If it is the o ring, im not sure what size to get.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road

Re: Intake Problem, GAS!!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:41 AM
that's your fuel supply line, if i'm understanding your non-picture non-automotive inclined text description, so yes. that's bad.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:44 AM
[ion wrote: C2]that's your fuel supply line, if i'm understanding your non-picture non-automotive inclined text description, so yes. that's bad.

that sums it up....

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:55 AM
^^^^ there is a fuel supply line in the intake manifold????
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:40 AM
again.....the best I can tell from his lack luster description is that it sounds like his fuel supply hose....

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:13 AM
It was actually passenger side. the tube is connected near the firewall. near the power steering pump. i am pretty sure its just an o'ring though.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road
Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:50 AM
John Benham wrote:again.....the best I can tell from his lack luster description is that it sounds like his fuel supply hose....

im just not familiar at all with the Ln2 setup. i wasnt trying to be sarcastic. I just know that fuel lines dont need to be touched when changing intake and TB on the ld9. anyways.............

PICTURES.........or die
Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:03 AM
whiteboyz24 wrote:
John Benham wrote:again.....the best I can tell from his lack luster description is that it sounds like his fuel supply hose....

im just not familiar at all with the Ln2 setup. i wasnt trying to be sarcastic. I just know that fuel lines dont need to be touched when changing intake and TB on the ld9. anyways.............

PICTURES.........or die

I figured.....or at least hoped....

but the 2.2's injectors are in the manifold, so if removing it completely from the car, you would have to disconnect the fuel.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:53 PM
IIRC, the driver's side is where the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) is located on LN2's in J-cars. Same with W-cars. I've seen it in a book that showed an "exploded"-view of the LN2 MPI setup. On the S-trucks, the FPR is on the opposite end of the manifold (Go figure), so I'd say you forgot to properly install & reconnect the FPR & fuel return line. Or you may have cross-threaded it. Uh, you didn't use pipe thread sealant on it. Did you? 'Cause that's a no-no with fuel systems.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search