Need Some Input! (P0117) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Some Input! (P0117)
Monday, April 21, 2008 5:12 AM
I started up my car and fixed the problems, now all I have is a P0117 code! I have no idea what would cause this! It is the second sensor that I have gon thru in a week. So I'm guessing that the sensor is fine and there is another problem! My aftermarket gauge wont go above 210, and thats after the turbo, which is about right! My stock one will "heat" up and "overheat" after 2.5 miles of driving in the morning to work in 60 degree temperature. It wil just constantly walk the gauge till it "overheats" then zero out, then come back on when it is within the gauge parameters. Someone help me! I need to get this thing tunes ASAP and I need to fix this!

Re: Need Some Input! (P0117)
Monday, April 21, 2008 5:27 AM
Some possible causes:

Grounded circuit in the harness.
Damaged sensor.
Improper harness connection.
Damaged PCM.

An ECT V PID reading less than 0.2 volt with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.

Are you driving it untuned??

you are probably running SO rich you ARE overheating that fast....what are you cooling fans doing? Do you have an Exhaust temp gauge? whats that reading?
Monday, April 21, 2008 10:21 AM
Yes it is untuned, but I need a daily driver, just waiting to fix this then I'm taking it to the shop! My egt is reading between 600-1000. Im not running rich, it has a normal a/f ration reading around 14.0. The cooling fan will come on with the code then stay on till it resets, but if the code doesnt come up, the fan operates normally. Do you know if there is an ohm reading for the sensor and harness? I was going to probe the harness and then the ecm harness to see if they had the same reading to confirm a ground or wiring problem?

Thanks
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:59 PM
bad o2sensor

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search