HO Cams In 2.4L Carriers - Clarification - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO Cams In 2.4L Carriers - Clarification
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:02 PM
I am going to be running HO cams in my 2.4 cam towers, with the towers bored out for the larger 2.3L lifters. The intake cam will also be modified for the hex drive. I was just looking at some pics of the HO cams, but one of the cams looks quite a bit different on the end compared to the 2.4L cam. Will it still fit in the 2.4L tower? A pic of what I am talking about is below. Any thoughts?

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Re: HO Cams In 2.4L Carriers - Clarification
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:04 PM
that end gets machined shorter for the PS pump
buying cams from RonS?
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:07 PM
Damn, that was quick! Yep

Just seems that the bigger ring part is too far away from the end if that makes any sense. I thought just the smaller diameter end piece was cut off.

Oh yes, and I have another question. I'm not going to be welding a pickup onto the cam for the camshaft sensor. I think I already know the answer, but are there any adverse effects to running without the camshaft sensor? IIRC, I read that it will run in batch mode and will have slightly less fuel mileage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:08 PM

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:40 PM
paul's car ran just fine w/o the cam sensor, i believe it got at least 300 miles to a tank before AND after the tune when we took the trip to wisconsin.

honestly, i would love to see pics of the pad welded onto the cam, seriously... it looks like one hell of a job if you ask me. and too get it right, even harder IMO.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:07 PM
yep it's run in batch mod and throw a code,(need hpt)
I think they machince a little off the 'stepped" part next to the smallest part( lol )
i have never seen one welded
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search