what cheap bolt ons can be done to a 97 2.2 auto cavalier ? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what cheap bolt ons can be done to a 97 2.2 auto cavalier ?
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:31 AM
i am new on here for a week or so, i drive a 97 2.2 cavalier auto 4door as my daily driver. i am basically looking for cheap easy bolt ons for now. can you guys give me links to vendors for these cars.

thanks
manny

Re: what cheap bolt ons can be done to a 97 2.2 auto cavalier ?
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:12 AM
Sticky's are your friend.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 7:12 AM
thanx but most of those links dont work . i wanna know what good intakes are out there and better flowing exhaust too.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:01 PM
Nitrous.

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:07 PM
hahaa nitrous not yet lol . come on guys help this new guy out
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:17 PM
Any ebay intake will do so long as its supposed to fit your car, a pipe and filter is an intake. Less bends in the intake will impede airflow less. -- any pipe you get id recommend a K&N cone filter to slap on the end of it.

Pacesetter makes the cheapest header that I could find (mines a 2200, i think it works on both motors). and any 2.25 (or 2.5" but the collector on the header is 2.25") header back exhaust will flow better than stock, straight through mufflers flow the most.

you might invest in solid motor mounts.

You can get a set of 1.6:1 roller rockers (idk if thats cosidered "bolt-on" but its relatively cheap and easy to install)

turbotechracing.com

aplusperformance.com

ebay.com

check the classifieds on this site as well, thats usually your best bet for cheaper (used) parts. Ive had a ton of good luck, you just gotta watch out, there are people that will scam you (ive had good luck about 24/25 times purchasing stuff)
Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:34 PM
yeah. like matt said. get your air intake (short rams are super simple and under $40) so it breathes, a header (like $100 give or take), give you a little better exaust flow. header isn't always a bolt on so... might need to take a trip to a muffler shop or whoever to touch it up with a few welds. and if your going to do that might as well get yourself a descent muffler (under $40) and get that put on at the same time. and as far as price wise those are a few basic add ons. could do the nitrous. run a small shot (like 35hp) every now and then to play with. you can find a full wet kit for like $350. and another one... its simple... but as high as gas prices are already... but run premium in it. makes a difference. just burns better. i like to do it. this is the way i think of it: F@#$ IT! lol. gas prices are high, nothin we can do about it, might as well do it good. lol.

get all of the parts from ebay.com all day long. thats where all my prices came from.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:44 PM
here

thread is over a year old. but most links stil do work

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, December 06, 2007 5:47 PM
check out turbotechracing.com for sure. aaron is a great guy and definitely has some bomb products.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search