Will this fit - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will this fit
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:33 PM
Will this fit on my 2003 sunfire ecotec ?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-95-02-Chevy-Cavalier-Z24-2-4L-Cold-Air-intake-Kit_W0QQitemZ290186674452QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38634QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know its for the Z24 but ive read it will fit just wanna check before i buy it. Also if you have any pics post em up.

Thanks

Re: Will this fit
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:30 PM
Lol, its a tube, it will fit any car.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:31 PM
Actually, I take that back, based off the bends in the picture, it wouldn't. The point remains though, its a tube, anything that won't melt can be used.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:32 PM
...thats what she...asked....

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:08 AM
it says its for a 2.4 you have an 03 jbody with an ecotec. wont fit without some modification

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, November 29, 2007 7:57 AM
1999 Cavalier Z24 wrote:...thats what she...asked....

Most of the ones on ebay are just straight tubes, they'll fit on any car. I didn't notice it was an actual model-specific until clicking the link.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:20 AM
unfortunatly i dont think it will. the ecotec has the throttle cable and cruize cables set up on the opposite side of the throttle body, im ASSUMING that the rubber elbow used on the 2.4 intake would probably come in contact with them and not fit, although you still may be able to make it work.

go ahead and search up pictures of intakes on ecotec's... you can see the rubber elbow has a different bend in it so it goes down a little then over so it clears all the stuff just fine.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:54 AM
it has been made to fit before, and there was a whole wack load of posts on it before... but i cant find them. the guy who did it did a pretty decent write up on it. he grinded a few things on the throtle body and such to get it to fit and clear better, but i dont think its needed.

i could see the rubber elbow being a small problem if thats they way the throtle cable is, but if thats the case im sure a better ruber boot would help.

AH-HAH!

i searched again and found the posts...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=343340&t=343340#343340

its the bomz intake for the 2.4L... same one i have on my LD9. it cost me like $50 for the intake and shipping to Canada... not too bad of an intake. the PCV valve hose it came it with wasn't the right size or long enough for me, so i replaced it. and the bracket on the intake to secure it isn't the best either, needed to be bent in place but the weld is week. be careful for that weld.

for it to work on the ecotec, im pretty sure you need to tap the intake for 1 or 2 vacuum lines near the end before the bend to the throttle body.

its worth it for the savings in my opinion, but it will probably still be around $50-80 (off the top of my head) to get the intake fitted properly for the ecotec.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search