Question for automatics.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question for automatics....
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:31 AM
i have an automatic(I know i know) and i think i saw something on here about shifting the car for performance.. i thought it was B & M but didnt fin anything.. there are two brands i guess it is suppose to shift for performance ..if there is please let me know the links or anything like that thanks.

Re: Question for automatics....
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:01 AM
Never mind found it.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:40 AM
what are you talking about???? I'm an idiot who regrets buying an automatic as well......

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:50 AM
B&M Shift plus....

Check the Group Purchase forum for a great deal on them.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:14 AM
Theres nothing wrong with automatics......depands on wat u plan on doing with your car tho...turbo + automatic + a good tune= Fast haha

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:59 PM
nothing worng with an auto.
some of your fastest cars at any drag strip are auto's

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:02 PM
don't get me wrong...i love my my automatic.....i just heard there was a performance upgrade as well. That's i'll i'm looking into.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:09 PM
its the b&M shift plus..

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:21 PM
Autotrans interceptor is pretty good too. i personally have the shift plus because at the time i couldnt find the other. here is the link for one in the classfieds section

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/48855/

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:24 PM
the shift plus is worth every penny i spent. i think stock for stock i'd prefer a manual, but in faster cars auto becomes a real advantage simply b/c you get such great launches / consistant times.

word of advice. get the red wire splices from lowes, home depot, ace, etc. the blue/pink ones in the kit suck.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:39 AM
I also have the auto trans and it does outlaunch just about anything I've gone up against, including two blown (S/C) 350's at Norwalk. Now that I'm getting better at the trees down here in AL, I'm seeing consistent 10.2's in the eighth and 15.30's in the 1/4. I'm definetely going to pick up a shift kit though, I need to drop the shift down to torque match, I'm losing power over 5600 RPM and the auto just wants to go to redline before shifting under full throttle.

Thanks guys, I'm actually LEARNING stuff on here!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:38 AM
gary have you had your dynoed to confirm that? i always noticed how 3rd and 4th are where i lose a race. let me know if you lower your shift point if it helps your e.t. personaly i would use HPT, since 1 i plan on getting it. 2 you can change it back

but about the op. i had my shift plus turned of for about half of my runs tonight. it made a 0.1-0.25 difference in my 1/4. factoring in reaction times etc. i'd say it saves about 0.15-0.2, and it sounds better. lol
ps. put it in D off the line, i had it in 2, lost traction, and ate honda bumhole

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:22 AM
drinkingoctane wrote:put it in D off the line, i had it in 2

just feather the throttle man!!!! idk about your car but mine bogs bigtime with the traction control on, when you shift down into 1st and 2nd (idk about urs) mine takes the traction control off.

my autotrans interceptor worked wonders for me, but thats because my tune needs a little tweaking yet to get it to shift quite right. at 100% the ATI gets the car to shift right, but if its anything below that it still bounces the rev limiter before it shifts and thats a BIG cut off for performance.

Friday, November 30, 2007 4:31 PM
that was the first race i had it in 2. and yeah, i did that to turn the "traction control" off. i dont seem to bog much if i hold the throttle at stall speed. but it did in the last race so i tried something different. so when i was in second, watching him pull away, with a 16.3 dial-in and a 0.6 RT........ F(%^ idk. it was finals to! last race of the season, i woulda won a trophy o well, i'm hoping for low 15s next season

only thing i have to say about the B&M is i wish it was stronger in setting 1. you cant beat the price for performance, expecialy with the GP.

Monday, December 03, 2007 6:49 AM
so which is better the b&m shift pluse or the autotrans interceptor....or what is the difference between the 2?

Monday, December 03, 2007 5:05 PM
I have a B&M for awhile and its been great, but i just got boosted and tuned with HPTuner and i no longer need it, so i have it for sale if anyone is interested..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search