Short Ram Intake for my 03 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Short Ram Intake for my 03
Monday, November 26, 2007 7:43 AM
Is this any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Cavalier-96-03-Weapon-R-Short-Ram-Intake_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ002QQitemZ120188017526QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V\

I kind of want to put an SRI on my Cavy like I did with my Civic, but I kind of don't want to because I don't want the engine to be really loud becaue it's missing a resonator. That and the SRI for my Civic was $30 new and the SRI for the Cavy starts at $130 new.

In any case, is this any good for the ECOTEC or should I look elsewhere?

------------------------------------
We all drive in a yellow Cavalier...

Re: Short Ram Intake for my 03
Monday, November 26, 2007 9:31 AM
I like the weapon r filters I have one. As far as the intake I dont think it makes a bit of a difference what brand it is. An aluminum pipe is an aluminum pipe. There really isnt much of a difference between any of them. As far as the intake goes I would go for the most inexpensive. just make sure it has the diameter that fits your tb and your filter.

I just have a cheap shortram intake off of ebay with a weapon r filter and a dragon cold air intake. It works just as good as any other intake system I have used. There is a sticky somewhere about intakes maybe it would help if you read that.
Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:04 PM
So... what does the ECOTEC 2.2 sound like with a short ram intake? Anyone got a sound byte?

Monday, December 10, 2007 1:48 PM
I wish, but sounds great!
Monday, December 10, 2007 2:03 PM
Weapon R is garbage, it fits liek @!#$ and it doesn't clear the hood, you need to cut and shorten the coupler on the TB and get motor mounts or it will dent your hood up

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:08 PM
We produce a short ram for the eco in Stainless steel. Shoot me an E-mail if your interested

Cody@rdfabs.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 10, 2007 3:09 PM

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:14 PM
That will not hit the hood because it's not made for your engine. This will attach to the box on top of you throttle body, so it will look kinda funny. The part that was hitting peoples hood with the weapon r was the elbow on the throttle body. I think that's the most overpriced piece of crap if you ask me. I'd buy a full cheapo WAI for the 2.4 for 32 bucks shipped and make it work on your ecotec like many on here have done.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, December 10, 2007 3:19 PM
I just bought the K&N Typhoon system and had no problem with fitment on my 03' ECOTEC cavy. Fits like a glove

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:58 PM
Tinkles wrote:I just bought the K&N Typhoon system and had no problem with fitment on my 03' ECOTEC cavy. Fits like a glove

Of course it will. I waited patiently and found mine for $99 BNIB on eBay. I've gone the cheap route and hate it. If it means waiting a few weeks to save up, do it. But, thats just me.

Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:53 AM
LOL i bought a weapon R. and yeah that elbow sucks. looked wierd when you popped the hood. now have a aem and i love it. cold air intakes though i noticed the motor dont sound has loud has with a regular intake (weapon r)

ECOtec DOHC

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:57 PM
Yea, however, I prefer SRI over cold air because where I live, when it rains it pours, and you know where I am going with this...

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAVALIER-SUNFIRE-AIR-INTAKE-2-2-ECOTEC-2002-2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ006QQitemZ160191330797QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

How's this one look? It seems to be bolting to the resonator? Or is that big plastic thing just a cover?

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racing-Air-Intake-Cavalier-Sunfire-2-2L-ECOTEC-Filter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ013QQitemZ230202937160QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

...or is this one a better option? It certainly looks cleaner.

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:09 PM
quite a few people have the cosmo racing intake. Go for it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search