Engine build list, Comments? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine build list, Comments?
Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:18 AM
I wanna know what you guys think of my 2.4 engine build list and if you could give me some input on it. This is gonna be a full out Turbo motor. I plan on running 15psi or more on this motor.

Bottom End:
2.3 oil pump conversation
ARP studs
Eagle Rods
Wiseco Pistons, .020 overbore, correct comp for the 086 head
Total seal rings
Clevite Main Bearings and Rod Bearings
Block bored .020 over, honed, and decked
Pistons, rods, and crank balanced
Stock Crank? Is there anything i can really do to the crank to make it better? I know lighting it would but then i makes it weaker and im gonna get it balanced so all the weights added back on

Top End:
086 head swap
Head decked
ARP Head studs
SS Valves
Bronze guides
Port and Polish
Gasket matched ports
Cams? Dunno what cams to go with.
Lifers? Do they make a lightweight lifter for the 086 head?
Springs? No clue on how stiff of springs to get.

Comments? Concerns? Helpful info? Anything i missed?

Re: Engine build list, Comments?
Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:27 PM
Ryan Shissler wrote:
Stock Crank? Is there anything i can really do to the crank to make it better? I know lighting it would but then i makes it weaker and im gonna get it balanced so all the weights added back on

quote]

Ryan when they balanced my crank they didn't add any weight to the lighter counter weights. They drilled holes in the heavier weights to make them all the same. And they bull-nosed it which lightened it some, and it did not hurt the integrity of the crank at all. Also you can bore your cylinders to 60 over. It might get hot if you do that. However I went 40 over on mine don't get hot at all. In fact my car runs cooler now then before when it was stock. But if your gonna turbo it I dont know if I would bore it much more then 20, however if you do you might be able to add more boost. But as far as boost goes I know nothing about that.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:59 AM
i see. i read in another post when i was reseaching that they remove material from the crank makin it lighter and this in return makes the crank weaker. Then when they balance the crank they add weights to it and there for adds weight right back on. So makin the weight savings/ performance gain to $$$ facter basicly worthless. I def gonna have the crank polished. Anyone have comments on having the crank cross drilled for better oiling?

I was thinking about 20 over to be a good safe bore without overheating and such. but then again SpeedRacerZ was over 400hp with a 40 overbore so i might bump it up to a .040 overbore
Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:42 PM
anyone else???
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search