2.2 L4 OHV Air Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 L4 OHV Air Intake
Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:56 PM
Anyone know if those ebay intakes will actually fit my engine and be wojavascript:url('url');
[Add URL Link] rth it? They're damn cheap and that's what makes me skeptical. I bought one from a dude earlier today for $60 to find out it was for a 2200 and doesn't fit right for my car. I can still hook it up but, there are 2 connections on my stock intake that aren't hooked up to the one I bought. I'd basically be driving around with no sensor and also without the tube that connects into the cam? I don't know much about this stuff but one of my buddy's somewhat seems to and he said it should be fine like that. The engine sounds a little better now but I'm afraid to drive around with it like that. Should I just try to sell it to someone else and put the stock back on for now?

Let me know what you guys think about both the ebay intakes and what I should do with my current one. Thanks.

Ebay One: img]nullWill it Fit?

The one I bought:

Re: 2.2 L4 OHV Air Intake
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:00 PM
Sorry, here is the one I bought.... Hope that shows this time...
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:11 PM

The ebay link will fit the older model (pre 98) 2.2. NOT the 2200 (if youre car is a 98+ dont buy that)
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:14 PM
I got a 97. So I should go ahead and buy it then? Someone from clubcav.com told me it's for a Civic and not even close to an intake for a Cav?
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:18 PM
No they work perfectly ebay intakes are same as name brands your paying for the name for the most part you can even make one,
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:20 PM
Thanks guys. What about what I have on now? Should I leave it on with the 2 things unplugged or should I slap the stock back on?
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:32 PM
I would put the stock back on if you can't plug the sensors in.
Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:38 PM
Alright then. I'll do that tomorrow.
Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:40 PM
Three words for you, pal: Search: Ram-Air!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:09 AM
Goto autozone, assemble intake from parts, done! - mine probably totaled $100 or so
Note that there are 3 air boxes in the 2200 engine compartment (the one housing the stock filter, the one on top of the engine, and the massive one in the fender).
If you need pictures of anything, I took them so I could make a write up on it (never did though, lol).

Sunday, November 25, 2007 1:52 PM
Mine is not the 2200.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:16 AM
In that case, 2 airboxes.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:01 PM
Well I got the one off ebay. It's all good and all except that when I close my damn hood it's slanted a bit... Errrrr doesn't close properly I guess you could say right where the filter is. I'll @!#$ with it tomorrow and see, didn't bother messin' around too much at the moment as it's cold here and it's dark.
Thursday, December 06, 2007 6:36 AM
I picked up a K&N Typhoon for my ECOTEC for $90 off a private seller. I say wait for a deal like that and get the proper intake thats designed for your car.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:55 AM
Haha.. I had the same problem I bought an 80 dollar one for mine but it wasn't for the 2200 and that's what mine is..
Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:16 PM
the intake you bought, as long as you can close your hood and it fits then run it man. just buy one of those mini air filters to put on your valve cover (kinda looks cool anyway) and drill a hole in the intake tube and plumb in your sensor. that air sensor doesn't need to be perfect. i have the 2.2 ohv too, and have a short ram on it. its an ebay kit and they just included some silicone hose to connect from the sensor to the intake tube and it works great. no problems for over a year now. i've been meaning to do what i just told you to do with the sensor and plumb it in where it should be but i just never got around to it. if there are any extra openings that were already on that intake then just block them off and your good to go.

those little mini air filters mentioned are cheap btw. like... usually $10 shipped from ebay or probably about $15 at your local autoparts store. (i would think anyway)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search