RDFabs Intake Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RDFabs Intake Question
Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:12 PM
http://www.rdfabs.com/22noneco_caint.asp

Would this cold air intake fit a 1997 Sunfire 2.2L? Also, what other choices are out there for this car? I'm pretty sure I wanna go with a cold air instead of a short ram. Just wondering what everybody's thoughts on this are. Thanks!

Re: RDFabs Intake Question
Sunday, November 18, 2007 1:52 AM
Try Ebay,that is an overpriced piece of polished pipe.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, November 18, 2007 8:16 AM
I bought the one from revospec. Its ok. I had to get two couplers, one elbow, one straight. I cut the pipe in half, and cut off one of the nipples. I can send you a pic later. I think it looks awesome! All together it cost me about 85 bucks, shipping to canada and all. So i think i did ok. Its only a piece of pipe. If you want your engine to look good, your probably going to want to go with rd-fabs. If you just want performance, ebay is the way to go. After all, its only an aluminum pipe.
Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:28 AM
Revospec was the name of the ebay store...
Monday, November 19, 2007 11:57 AM
I checked their ebay store but all they are selling at the moment is lights. I've been looking on ebay for a while now and all I can find is ones that are short ram, 1998+, or 2.4L
Monday, November 19, 2007 12:45 PM
Our intakes cost more because they're built better. Unlike Ebay's chintzy garbage aluminum intakes, ours will never lose their shine, are guaranteed for life, will not transfer heat as fast, require NO modifications to fit and are made in the USA. To answer your question, yes: that intake will fit your engine because that is your engine in the picture.

Don't let the fact that Biggs doesn't like us sway you from considering our intakes. We're not in business as a company to compete with Ebay intakes. If someone thinks we're too expensive, there's nothing I can do. If someone wants to spend $20.00 on an intake, I say go for Ebay all the way!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:26 PM
Haha don't worry about it man, I'm buying from you. Everything else out there I've seen is crap so I'm gonna spring the extra money for something good. You wouldn't happen to sell these on ebay would you? If not that's cool I just prefer to buy from there.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:05 PM
Oh, no big deal at all. I just get very defensive at times; a lot of hard work and thought goes into these products, y'know? We don't currently sell on ebay, but if you're looking for security, you can pay with Paypal through our website. Mention your JBO username when you place the order and if you have any special time restraints. Let me know if you need help with anything along the way.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:22 PM
Definately have to support RD FABS on this subject. They took the time to develop these products for our cars, and offer one hell of a product.

You get what you pay for, and their time, development, and product are worth every penny over some jap eBay junk.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:30 PM
i can second that

i bought mine for my eco
fits great
looks amazing, every time it gets dirty i spray some simple green on and let it sit and rinse away and the shine comes right back..
so RD Fabs has my support 120% and they have great customer service also

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:18 PM
Ok, I'm convinced. Gotta wait for the next pay check though lol.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:25 PM
Chris and the polishing wheel combined with stainless go together like spaghetti and meat ball....

Doesn't look like i will be going to roch on sat bro, so i should be at the shop sat with ya in the afternoon sometime. Hopefully in time for some Nino's wingys....

Tommy wants wingy...

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:05 AM
Y'know...I never get tired of hearing from people who're happy with the products they've gotten from us. I appreciate the good words, guys--and I'm sure our owner will too.

Cody,

You're such a weirdo

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:00 AM
Agent Omega wrote:Y'know...I never get tired of hearing from people who're happy with the products they've gotten from us. I appreciate the good words, guys--and I'm sure our owner will too.

Thats good you guys should be proud of the products you are producing.
My friend and I ordered intakes at almost the same time, but he opted for the AEM CAI ...
long story short he hates it and wishes he would have ordered one of your guys

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:16 AM
how much for a 1996 cavalier 2.2 cai with k&n filter?
Sunday, April 03, 2011 6:24 AM
Short ram intake

Cold air intake

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Sunday, April 03, 2011 9:59 AM
RD Fabs intakes are like a stainless work of art. Yes you could run a less expensive intake, but quality, like anything else RD Fabs makes is top notch.

I have thier long tube turbo manifold, downpipe, and harness bar, and everything is top quality.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search