I FINALLY did it!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I FINALLY did it!!!
Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:12 AM
After three years of beating the junk out of the motor, i finally managed to mess something up. Mushroomed the tips of all four of the exhaust valves and yet the intake valves look just great yet. I have to be honest, i'm not sure when this exactly took place, i haven't had the valve cover off since this last spring and the car has been on the dyno and to the track numerous times this years. But it was still running great. Not even sure why i pulled the valve cover, but for some reason i did and now i'm glad too. Except for the whole pulling the head part and then trying to get the copper head gasket to seal again!!! That is on and only FEAR of this job right now. lol But now i do get the opportunity to switch to over sized valves, and i just may go with a new cam, but haven't made up my mind on that one yet. Just thought i would finally share something with everyone once again. lol

Re: I FINALLY did it!!!
Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:27 PM
Also if anyone is still interested in a sheet metal intake manifold like i built, now would be the time to let me know. I'll have the car all apart and will be more willing to make more while the manifold is already off the car.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:45 AM
Okay, i'm looking for a little bit of help here. I've decided to redo the whole valve train in the car. I got it all apart and i've decided this is gonna be the best route for me. considering i do rev the car quite high. So onto my questions...

Where is the best place to find these parts?
-Oversized valves
-What roller rockers are you having the best success with
-Push rods
-HD lifters
-HD springs
-and maybe some help on picking a cam/specs

Thanks guys!

Monday, November 19, 2007 5:43 AM
-Oversized valves - Car Customs

-What roller rockers are you having the best success with - Crane golds are always a sure bet, but many other options are given in Jack's thread

-Push rods - Howell sells stock replacements for the 2200, but not the 2.2L IIRC. Give Crane or Comp a call and they'll make you some nice thick-walled rods.

-HD lifters - slowolej LT1 swap...hands down.

-HD springs - Comp Cams 105# LS1 springs. You should machine .090" off the spring seats in the head first though.

-and maybe some help on picking a cam/specs - HP, boost, and RPM goals?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:34 AM
what would you sell the intake mani for? i may be very interested.. im assuming it breaths quite a bit better than the stocker?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:12 PM
OHV notec... thanks for all the awswers. Its been a long time since i've had to buy anything for this car now. As far as horsepower and boost goals, let's just say i'm very confident that i hold the 2.2l ohv horsepower record on this site. I currently run 18 psi but hope to run more, and i have already been reving the car to 7 grand. So as long as i have the valve train to support it, i'll keep it there or go a little higher.

Jazer... I'll make you another intake for $800.00. Contact me outside of this thread cuz there are a few details we would need to get sorted out. Like tb and stuff like that. I currently run a stock LS1 tb.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 5:08 AM
Todd wrote:Jazer... I'll make you another intake for $800.00. Contact me outside of this thread cuz there are a few details we would need to get sorted out. Like tb and stuff like that. I currently run a stock LS1 tb.
Jazer has the 2200 motor, not sure if yoiu have ever built a mani for that pattern?
Todd wrote:OHV notec... thanks for all the awswers. Its been a long time since i've had to buy anything for this car now. As far as horsepower and boost goals, let's just say i'm very confident that i hold the 2.2l ohv horsepower record on this site. I currently run 18 psi but hope to run more, and i have already been reving the car to 7 grand. So as long as i have the valve train to support it, i'll keep it there or go a little higher.
Well, AFAIK Adler still holds the record at like 27X/31X, so the bar has been set low
How are you still making power at 7000 rpm with a stock cam?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:43 AM
It's not the stock cam. Problem is i have no idea what the specs are for the cam and i know the cam not made for a boosted car. I really wasn't making power to 7 grand as it was though. I only reved it that high to keep it more in the sweet spot when at the track. The power was actually starting to drop off at about 6400 but it wasn't really bad, and with nitrous you don't notice it at all.

And yes i know what Adlers record is/was. And yes it wasn't much for me to have to beat. But i have beat it by quite a fair amount with 18 psi and nitrous.

Now i know you can help me pick a cam. lol. Between all of the reading i did last night about lifters, rocker arms and all that jazz, i have no doubt that between you and mad jack, we could find a cam that'll make me very happy.

Once again thanks for helping get caught up with all the new stuff you guys have managed to find. I appreciate it a ton.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:03 AM
Todd wrote:And yes i know what Adlers record is/was. And yes it wasn't much for me to have to beat. But i have beat it by quite a fair amount with 18 psi and nitrous.

absolutely no disrespect intended here, but i'm going to expect you can back up those claims through either dyno or timeslip and not just theoreticals....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:13 PM
I can back it up with both actually. But for reasons known to a few others on here, i won't at this time and probably not at any other time in the near future. If you search though, you can find videos of my car at the track and also of it on the dyno. They're out there that other people have vidoe'd and put up. I'm not here to flaunt or hold any titles or anything like that. But if i can help any body in any way i will. At the moment though, i'm more interested in getting the car back together. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search