motor and trans mounts. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor and trans mounts.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:57 AM
i have done some searching and reading latley to try to find out what many people are using for motor mounts. i am wondering which mounts will give me the best benefit without the major vibrations. my car is a 5speed 2200 2002 cavalier without a/c. thanks for the help. i am looking at ordering the entire set of ttr mounts.

Re: motor and trans mounts.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:54 AM
I just pressed in my TTR tranny mounts but my motor is not in and wont be for a while so i dont really have a review for them yet. I did not get the TTR motor mounts I just got the RK Sport upper insert and lower dog bone.

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:13 PM
sorry, but you should be more worried about when to swap out that 2200 and swap in a LD9 or ecotec.

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:15 PM
Since you have a manual and no A/C the polyurethane mounts won't give you any major vibrations.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:39 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:sorry, but you should be more worried about when to swap out that 2200 and swap in a LD9 or ecotec.

this is my daily driver so thats probally never going to happen, i got a different project that will get the power upgrades. im after a nice looking daily driven car with decent power and is fun to drive. thanks for the comments VanquisherOfTheVariance (Zach). is there any greater benefit to doing them all versus just the top mount? the most this car is getting engine wise for now is an exhaust, header, pulleys and misc stuff. i may turbo it sometime down the road, but wont be for awhile. also is there any benefit to a lighter flywheel on a basicly stock car?

Saturday, November 17, 2007 2:13 PM
Lighter flywheel, you will experience a faster rev, also remove some rotation mass, which will free up some HP.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:29 PM
ok thanks. ttr isnt looking for a sponsored cavalier in newfoundland are they?...lol j cars are every where here. ill be ordering these parts in the next week or two. does the free shipping apply to orders to canada?

Saturday, November 17, 2007 4:23 PM
kyle hickey wrote:is there any greater benefit to doing them all versus just the top mount? the most this car is getting engine wise for now is an exhaust, header, pulleys and misc stuff. i may turbo it sometime down the road, but wont be for awhile.

If you only do the top mount I think it would put more stress on the rest of your mounts. Considering the mounts are cheap, I would just do them all at once and be done with it. The are nice to have for future exhaust upgrades since you won't need a flex joint welded in.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:48 PM
yeah since the have a good price its just as well do them all the same time, save the trouble of fooling around with them later. like you said just do them all and be done with it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search