Engine # 3 (already, damn P.O.S. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine # 3 (already, damn P.O.S.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:09 PM
@ 116,000 the head gasket went on engine # 1 warped head,
@ 163,666 engine goes out
buy another one from a sunfire 100k and another 3speed auto tranny w/ 60k. That engine is rebuilt to spec and in the car now with about 167k and there is a intermittent rattling/clinging I suspect a rod. This weekend I'm going to diagnose engine #1 which is still in the shop, btw im talking about a

facts can be verified through repeatable experiments.

Re: Engine # 3 (already, damn P.O.S.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:32 PM
cavalier...psh wrote:That engine is rebuilt to spec and in the car now with about 167k and there is a intermittent rattling/clinging I suspect a rod. This weekend I'm going to diagnose engine

It's common for lifters to rattle on these cars.. mine always did and made 80000k on it since i bought it

If the #1 head is not cracked, get it shaved about 1/16" cheap and effective... then you'll be hapy
Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:55 AM
AMARZZATA wrote:
cavalier...psh wrote:That engine is rebuilt to spec and in the car now with about 167k and there is a intermittent rattling/clinging I suspect a rod. This weekend I'm going to diagnose engine

It's common for lifters to rattle on these cars.. mine always did and made 80000k on it since i bought it

If the #1 head is not cracked, get it shaved about 1/16" cheap and effective... then you'll be hapy

80 million miles... holy crap

1994 Ford Mustang Cobra

1997 Sunfire GT
Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:50 PM
AdderMk2 wrote:
AMARZZATA wrote:

80 million miles... holy crap

dear lord.... thats eighty thousand, bro.

Friday, November 16, 2007 2:50 AM
uh, so stop buying motors with over 100K on them? what do you expect when you're buying an engine that already gone through what most people would consider a long, hard life lol....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, November 16, 2007 6:30 AM
I think maybe its just time for a new car

1994 Ford Mustang Cobra

1997 Sunfire GT
Friday, November 16, 2007 9:24 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:uh, so stop buying motors with over 100K on them? what do you expect when you're buying an engine that already gone through what most people would consider a long, hard life lol....

true....realistically for the price you've possibly paid so far, i'm guessing on avg 1000$ @ 500$ per engine you could have a shop rebuild a used one and had an engine with 0 miles on it.

new car is always nice too....i aint gonna hate on that suggestion

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search