2.2 OHV Crate Engine - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 OHV Crate Engine
Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:06 PM
Is there any company out there that offers a 2.2OHV crate engine? I don't want a remanufactured engine, but a performance crate engine.

Re: 2.2 OHV Crate Engine
Friday, October 26, 2007 3:59 AM
jbodyperformance.com

I haven't heard of too many of their LN2 performance crates out there, but its on their website.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:30 PM
Quote:

Is there any company out there that offers a 2.2OHV crate engine? I don't want a remanufactured engine, but a performance crate engine.

Not if they want to stay in business.

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Option D Racing
Monday, October 29, 2007 8:20 PM
Option D wrote:
Quote:

Not if they want to stay in business.

why you gotta be so mean!!!!???

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:09 AM
The jbodyperformance 2.2l would be the way to go, compression ratio of 12:1, etc. (of course its set up for N/A, but you can customize)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 5:04 PM
Don't forget all the problems people have had with their valvetrain products, and the fact that they are overpriced on everything they sell.

And don't consider Mantapart, they will take your money and probably never send you anything.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:42 PM
you were a few days late.... it just sold today... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190166546255

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:33 PM
Probably better off getting an ecotec or LD9. If you're going to be swapping, might as well make it count! For the price you would pay for the LN2, you could get a fairly decent 2.4 or eco.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 2:50 PM
steve white wrote:Probably better off getting an ecotec or LD9. If you're going to be swapping, might as well make it count! For the price you would pay for the LN2, you could get a fairly decent 2.4 or eco.

then a new transmission, computer, wiring, exhaust setup, etc.... just for a stock ld9/ecotec engine. vs putting in an engine upgraded which surpasses stock ld9/ecotec... you can swap and make it count IF you know what you are doing. most people dont do enough research though...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:00 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:you were a few days late.... it just sold today... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190166546255
Congrats. Any idea if the winner is a JBO member?

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 4:15 PM
OHV notec wrote:
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:you were a few days late.... it just sold today... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190166546255
Congrats. Any idea if the winner is a JBO member?

mahalo & thanx. no idea on the winner.... from the mid-west. only other person i noticed in bids was xavier cannon from here...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:04 PM
Wow, isnt that the motor you were building way back when? Lol! I thought you moved on to bigger better things there Mr. Event? Well I thought i would chime in and say something.

When in doupt, grub.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:24 PM

Pardon me while I clean my keyboard

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search