CIA Leak: LN2s may have new allie, possibly. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CIA Leak: LN2s may have new allie, possibly.
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:26 PM
ALERT! ALERT! URGENT INCOMING MESSAGE ALERT!

To: J-body Organization

To whom this may concern,

Information from Washington (State) about CIA (Clear Image Automotive) in the development of a new weapon meant for use in the LN2 (2.2L/2200) / Ecotec war has been uncovered. CIA has developed new LN2 header tech that is currently in testing.

Weapon specs are as follows:

Construction: 14-gauge tubing w/ CERAMEX high durability coating.

Primaries: 22" x 1 1/2" w/ 3/8" lazer-cut flange.

Secondaries: 2 1/2" dia. w/ ball flange.

Designed initially for use in increasing low-end torque production in LN2-S-truck applications, said weapon is believed to have possibilities of being of advantage to class LN2 members of J-body Organization if developer of said technology can be convinced of becoming an allie to us & develop it for our cause. Further information on subject can be found located at following Link:

null

This message will self-distruct.... Or, at least I will if it's snubbed.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".

Re: CIA Leak: LN2s may have new allie, possibly.
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:32 PM
^^^^your not allowing scripted windows. You need to repost the web address.

Regardless though, the OHV's S-10's are latterally mounted. I doubt this would work for the OHV J's here.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:36 PM
I didn't know there was even a war between the LN2 and the Eco

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:48 PM
Okay, maybe not a war... but there sure is alot of arguing. Besides, I figured if this guy could make one for the dime, and enough people in this group got onto him about it, maybe he could design & build one for for the LN2/J-body crowd. Since the address didn't show (Hey, alot of this is still new to me!), here it is again:

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Chevy%20S10%20Header.htm

Sorry this isn't a link, but like I said: I'm still new to this!

Please visit it & let me know what you think.

'Dimer.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:49 PM
Darkstars wrote:I didn't know there was even a war between the LN2 and the Eco

Roflmao!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:52 PM
The war is between the Eco and 2.4..... the 2.2 and 2200 were left FAR in the dust, they aren't even part of the debate LOL

but the header looks nice, only problem is the LN2 header needs to wrap under the motor, not go out the side

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:56 PM
Dammit, Stars! Didn't you read how I said: "Maybe if enough people here get on him, he'll build one for the J-body LN2."?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:56 PM
I <3 null

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:01 PM
yeah I did read that but that kinda defeats the point of a post.... you could make a post about any part for any car and say if there is enough interest maybe they will make it for us.... if its not for our cars then the post is pointless.... plus theres the fact that when the cars with that motor are puting down a whopping 95ish whp convincing a company to make parts that will have next to no power gains on a discontiued car with motor that they stoped making a long time ago.... good luck with that.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:05 PM
And oh, by the way... the S-truck header heads for under-and-behind the oil pan between the pan and the bellhousing, the way the factory exhaust runs on the truck.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:14 PM
Gee, Stars... How long do you think the General will keep a dated, low-longitivity engine like the Quad4 in production? Or supported?That design is like the SBC to alot of guys here from what I see, but I doubt it's worth is the same to the General as the small-block Chevy actually is!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:38 PM
dude... english

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:55 PM
In short: Dude... the 2.4 is based on the 2.3, and the 2.3 don't wear as long as the small-block Chevy. Plus: The 2.2L/2200's design has been around longer than the 2.3's, and wears longer. The General still makes parts for the Gen-1 SBC in both replacement & performance. The 2.3, well... maybe the some dealer in BFE has a few replacement coils or injectors in-stock. Maybe.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:17 PM
mmmk

no matter which way this argument goes the ln2 is going to need a hell alot more than fancy header to hang with an eco.

so if by eco ln2 war you mean like what the germans did to the french, then yes, there is a war

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:34 PM
the small block chevy is one of the most popular and easy to mod engines ever made... your actually trying to compare the LN2 to a small block chevy LOL

Friday, October 26, 2007 5:59 PM
No, Stars... I'm comparing how the Quad4 design is & how it is like the SBC to many here to how the actual SBC is & how it to the rest of the world as well as how the two engines compare to each other in the eyes of the world. Namely, folks who build cars with a real performance orientation: RWD. Remember: In the performance world mindset, real performance cars have a RWD. And 8s are great, but maybe you already know that. Maybe not. And Nuts, yes the Germans struck the first blow... But didn't you ever here of the French resistance? You know, common French folk who banded together to unseat the Nazi occupation of France? True it needed the addition of Ally military (the Americans, Irish and even Scots.) to do the job at starting at Normandy, but they did it. And that's the kind of war I mean. Viva la Francs!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, October 26, 2007 6:34 PM
but the ln2 still sucks.

I hate bad mouthing cuz I don't normally do it, but yea.. there's a lot of catching up to do on the LN2s part with the twin cam and the eco in n/a and power adder categories

there's always been a war of words on the org as to which engine is the best, but when it comes time to hit the track the only real contenders are the twin cam and the eco.

will that ever change? I hope so.. but it seems the LN2 guys have a lot of dreamers and not many doers.
there's always one person who shines above the rest, makes fantastic moves in the category then right before the project is finished falls off the face of the earth.

Friday, October 26, 2007 6:46 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - APU wrote:will that ever change? I hope so.. but it seems the LN2 guys have a lot of dreamers and not many doers.

or traitors like you

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, October 26, 2007 7:27 PM
Dude F this im buying a civic...

Friday, October 26, 2007 8:44 PM
(Sigh) Like Kennedy, King & Ghandi, this is what I get for coming out of seemingly nowhere & trying to payback for help in something I have personal ties to that no one else in my area has guts to touch ( LN2-pwr'd S-10 w/4.10 gear: That's me! ). Even though my ties are loose, I wear them proudly though some see them as a noose. Say, how come I haven't heard from anyone I expect to about this yet: MadJack, OHV Notec & SlowOleJ? Shoot, I know they're busy but I thought at least one of them would have something to say. Unlike our latest fan of Tokyo Rose (Yeah Saavy, I mean you!). And Skwirl (Or should I say Benedict Arnold), STHU! Loose lips sink ships, you know. Especially ones with new recruits on-board. We don't do it to you guys, so don't do it to us. The point of this thread was to payback for all the info I got that can help me by pointing to a better product maker & maybe starting some encouragement amongst those here who may be interested in it to maybe get together and encourage the maker to make a variation for the Cavy-crowd that run the same engine. I had a dream... And I've got a damn head wound. Thanks alot, guys!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:04 AM
Quote:

And Skwirl (Or should I say Benedict Arnold), STHU!

lol I must say I like the history lesson interwoven into this post

Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:21 PM
Nitrous Nate put down 132hp and 143ft/lbs with bolt ons, 10:1 pistons, and a port and polish. No cam regrind or higher ratio rocker arms which would of helped even more. Doesn't sound too bad for a 8 valve pushrod four cylinder. Kills me to see the posts where people complain about the import crowd not giving the econobox cavalier the respect the mighty eco deserves, when these same people bag on the LN2.

Saturday, October 27, 2007 7:24 PM
Thank you, friend!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:44 PM
Its not the cars, or even the engine in the cars... its the people who come to this site (for the most part...sorry guys who actually know what you are talking about you know who you are)

Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:54 PM
ohvrolla wrote:Nitrous Nate put down 132hp and 143ft/lbs with bolt ons, 10:1 pistons, and a port and polish. No cam regrind or higher ratio rocker arms which would of helped even more. Doesn't sound too bad for a 8 valve pushrod four cylinder. Kills me to see the posts where people complain about the import crowd not giving the econobox cavalier the respect the mighty eco deserves, when these same people bag on the LN2.

and those are indeed good numbers, but on a dynojet when my eco was fresh I put down 142hp and 145tq with an intake and a catback exhaust.

my lowest pull was 138 and 140.

go fig.

I don't doubt the engine at all, I know it can do it. But personally, I hate it.
you guys have to stop with this wahh wahh bull@!#$ and do it.

put up, or shut up. I want to start SEEING some fast OHVs, not hearing about what could/should be.

DO it already.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search