Shortcut - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shortcut
Monday, September 24, 2007 10:38 AM
This is a question for those who have done the quad oil pump swap. Now is it okay to simply ignore the circled blue drilled hole below and just drill the one with the arrow pointing? As a shortcut. Because if the angel can be precise than one can bypass the first drill hole correct? Or is it also for something else? Because it winds up geting plug anywayz. Please help fellow quads

GMR has got nothing on this

Re: Shortcut
Monday, September 24, 2007 11:44 AM
no because your drilling the side angled one to hit into the stock oil passage, then drilling the upper hole down into the bore you just made. you do this so it connects the stock oil passage to the new oil feed oil on top. then you simply plug it shut. you must do it the way because you cannot drill down then over.

basically, in a nut shell, its a connecting passage.

Monday, September 24, 2007 11:59 AM
DOHC_tuner wrote:This is a question for those who have done the quad oil pump swap. Now is it okay to simply ignore the circled blue drilled hole below and just drill the one with the arrow pointing? As a shortcut. Because if the angel can be precise than one can bypass the first drill hole correct? Or is it also for something else? Because it winds up geting plug anywayz. Please help fellow quads

Yes and no.

If you aren't going to drill the blue hole, you have to drill the red one at an angle directly to the oil passage and sleeve the hole. That's what I did.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Monday, September 24, 2007 2:09 PM
^thats what im saying, so if the top hole can be drilled at a angle than the blue one rendors worthless, correct? So you did do it this way, without the blue circled hole?

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:33 PM
Correct.

When I looked at everything, I didn't see any conceivable way to drill into the oil passage without inevitably breaking out of the casting. So I took the more direct approach.

-

Monday, September 24, 2007 3:10 PM
has it been running smoothly? The machine shop guy and I were comparing it to a actual Quad block pre95 without the balance shafts and notice the angle, so in general the first hole is only just a free hand or a guide right. So it can be done without it

Monday, September 24, 2007 3:21 PM
I believe so. And yes the car runs smoothly

-

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:55 PM
great so its an update

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search