ecu remap?????? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecu remap??????
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:48 PM
I have a 2005 Eco cavi. Is there a place that sells a program or a place to send your ecu so i can get it remapped to take out the limiters (speed and rev). any help would be awesome. thank you

Re: ecu remap??????
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:06 PM
hp tuners is going to be your best bet. but your not going to gain anything by just raising your rev limiter its there for a reason to prevent damage. And as for the speed limiter unless your trapping more than 108 in the qt mile there is no use for it and if your trapping at or around 108 you would know how to do this. also stock brakes and suspension are not worthy of speeds above 108.

p.s. im not trying to be a dick but this question has been answered many of times try a search first if you cant find anything then post a thread
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:25 PM
I have upgraded my suspension and brakes i have installed seats harness bar harnesses roll cage and even gm performance supercharger kit rims and z-rated tires. the supercharger i got from local Chevy dealer my car was reclaibraited but they don't take out speed limiter. my car is is built for time attack so yes i need to go over 108 cause when i can take a car through turns but not though straight aways and lose races because of it it gets really old and really frustrating. no offense taken. but i am smart i don't just throw @!#$ together if you know what i mean i am sponserd through a local shop ( dyno and performance ) but we haven't found anything yet. I am new to the site so I'm sorry if i have posted an old forum. thank you for your help.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:37 PM
alright. well just by looking at your profile i figured you just joined and where wanting to raise the rev limiter cuz you think it makes your car faster and that you wanted to go faster than 108. but as for tunning and the ecu i would really suggest hp tuners there is tons of info on this in the tunning forum. search around and you should be able to come up with quite a bit of knoweledge of this type of stuff but sounds like your off to a great start and just need some help. One suggestion i would make would be to update your profile with your mods and everything so we can help you out better
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:25 PM
Pm Shifted about reprogramming,he charges a reasonable price,if not hp tuners will be just about your only choice

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:16 AM
Thanx man you guys have been great help. I checked out hp tuners and they have exactly what i need. thanx agian.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:38 AM
steven christopherson wrote:I have upgraded my suspension and brakes i have installed seats harness bar harnesses roll cage and even gm performance supercharger kit rims and z-rated tires. the supercharger i got from local Chevy dealer my car was reclaibraited but they don't take out speed limiter. my car is is built for time attack so yes i need to go over 108 cause when i can take a car through turns but not though straight aways and lose races because of it it gets really old and really frustrating. no offense taken. but i am smart i don't just throw @!#$ together if you know what i mean i am sponserd through a local shop ( dyno and performance ) but we haven't found anything yet. I am new to the site so I'm sorry if i have posted an old forum. thank you for your help.

Time attack. Yeah ok.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:46 PM
steven christopherson wrote:i need to go over 108 cause when i can take a car through turns but not though straight aways and lose races because of it it gets really old and really frustrating

steven christopherson wrote:i am smart

Anybody else have a hard time believing that last statement after reading the first?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:58 PM
well considering this is in the wrong section , this is performance

THERE IS A "TUNING SECTION" for a reason

also had he done his home work , he would know he is SOL for anything to do with the eco s/c flash for the supercharger , since GM has it locked down tighter than a virgin wearing a chastity belt

AND HE JUST JOINED UP YESTERDAY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:00 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search