ecotec cosmo racing intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec cosmo racing intake
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:43 PM
anybody have any pics of theirs in the car? i installed mine, but it rubs on the hood.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'

Re: ecotec cosmo racing intake
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:25 PM
I bought one forever ago, and gave it to my mechanic to install. He said he got it in and all, but when he went to close the hood it wouldn't, and that he could try to jimmyrig it in there, but didn't want to without asking me first. It's still not installed, but I think I'm going to give it a try soon and bend it a bit like the instruction sheet says. I'll let you know how my effort goes in a day or two.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:13 AM
I got one last week and got it in, it touches the hood underpadding stuff but the hood closes fine.
Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:40 AM
do u got any pics? or does it look like mine does?

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Saturday, June 09, 2007 9:55 AM
I get a pic for ya right now, but yeah looks the same pretty much. The pad under my hood is greasy with undercoating (no clue why, I didnt put it there) but when I look at the intake there is a greasy transfer from it, but its not too crazy or big, and the hood closes fine. But it is definitely a close fit.
Saturday, June 09, 2007 9:59 AM
Off topic: Where in Canada you from? I see the CT battery there haha.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:59 PM
Top View

TB attachment view

Try to ignore the crap undercoating all over the place lol. It sucks to touch anywhere under the hood of this thing.

Anyway, the first bend in the pipe going from the TB is where is rests against the inner hood insulation.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:25 PM
Did either one of you guys get the IAT all the way in??? I just cant get mine in all the way.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:31 PM
Couldn't you cut a little length off of the black grommet instead of bend the metal tubing?
This would allow the pipe to be a little lower to the hood without possibly messing up the tube.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:23 PM
Dan Newman: Not sure if its "all" the way in but its in there good and tight. Maybe try some sort of lube (lol) around the body of the sensor?

Mike Tampa: Maybe I misread your post but I think you misunderstood what I was tryin to say: the tube has a bend in it there already, I didnt bend it for a better fit. The rubber elbow isnt even really in the way enough to make a difference, the main thing in the way is the bracket holding the throttle and cruise cables, which you could try grinding down a bit to get some clearance that way, but I wasnt really comfortable with doing that, and found a way to make it all work right in the end.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:14 AM
Thanks sappa. ill move the intake into the rubber piece more, maybe it wont rub so much and ill be able to close the hood properly.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:22 PM
No prob man, good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search