086 head question(not related to other thread) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
086 head question(not related to other thread)
Friday, June 01, 2007 5:52 PM
I bought this head from www.cylinder-heads.com. I picked the 086 casting number for a 90-92 beretta gtz: 22539086. This head has no casting number on it and is it just me or do the exhaust ports look extremely small? Atleast they do to me compaired to pictures I have seen.

Re: 086 head question(not related to other thread)
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:14 PM
more pics please.... I have a 086 right next to me. right now id say no.....
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:55 PM
Make sure you didn't get one of those clearwater redesigned heads....there trying to sell "Brand New" 086 heads on ebay...anyway, I emailed them and asked if its an identical casting and they said the ports were smaller to reduce failure from cracking. Could be what you got there.
Friday, June 01, 2007 7:36 PM
I don't think ive seen ports like that for a J. That hole gasket surface aria is huge compared to GM stuff

2.4 Top VS. 086 bottom

Cleaned up 086

- 97 Z24 Racecar work in progress
- 04 WRX STi
ATR Crew Member
Friday, June 01, 2007 8:08 PM
Yep the invoice says clearwater...it wasnt supposed to be a new head it was supposed to be a remanufactured 086 head. Im kinda pissed. Im definitely going to call them about this crap. There are a few more pics...had to use my phone sorry bout the crappy quality.

Im not having any luck with this project....I won an 086 head from a guy on ebay and ups lost it and denies that it is their fault so I took the loss cause I have no choice. Then I get stuck with this crap head and to top it off they want a $100 core charge if I dont send them a core within 30 days....screw that If it WAS an 086 I wouldnt mind.

Friday, June 01, 2007 8:12 PM
I feel your pain, is there any way to send that head back to them?

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Friday, June 01, 2007 8:16 PM
Im going to call them and express my anger as nicley as possible. Im either going to get an exchange or a refund if I have anything to do with it.

Friday, June 01, 2007 9:08 PM
Off topic but how does UPS lose your package and say its nobodys fault but yours?
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:15 PM
The shipping company where the guy sent the head from says ups picked it up and ups says that they never got it from the company...even though I have a tracking number. So be it ups or the shipping company neither will accept responsibility.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:26 AM
If you have a tracking number call UPS and have them start a 'tracker' on it.

That'll rattle it out of the sticky delivery guy hands for sure. Happened to me once with some RMA hard drives from Western Digital.. Although, they said 'delivered', and not 'lost' so one day they just showed up after I put up a stink about it.

Anyway.. What is the tracking number they gave you?

-Matt

-------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:38 PM
By the way Zs Z there is someone on quad4forums selling an 086 head, and he has pics of it showing the 086 casting number, so check over there and if he hasn't sold it yet maybe you can get his.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:08 AM
Thanks, I will check it out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search