gas mileage - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gas mileage
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:19 PM
Why does the ecotec engine get considerably better gas mileage than the 2200? Is it because the ecotec has a higher VE or did GM just give this motor a better tune?

Re: gas mileage
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:27 PM
anyone have any thoughts on this?
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:50 PM
From my understanding the 2.2L Ecotec(L61) gets about the same gas mileage as a 2200 motor.

But then the Ecotec is more powerful, has greater reliability, and more aftermarket performance parts .
Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:46 AM
OHV CAV wrote:Why does the ecotec engine get considerably better gas mileage than the 2200? Is it because the ecotec has a higher VE or did GM just give this motor a better tune?

I get 40+ mpg on true highway driving and 35+ on a regular basis, driving hard with my 100k mile old 2200. I don't think an ecotec would do better with how I drive it.

Friday, June 01, 2007 7:35 AM
I've gotten 42 mpg all highway before on a 1000 mile trip. The last trip i took i got about 36-38 mpg. the only difference in the car was a drop in k&n filter and 10W-30 oil instead of 5W-30. It only happened once. however, what little your sacrafice in mileage, you make up in how good of an engine that little ecotec is.
Friday, June 01, 2007 9:44 AM
im averaging 30-31 (running the AC every evening) mpg in my 04 eco/auto. driving the exact same route i averaged around 29-30 ( no AC running) in my old 99 sunfire 2200/3spd auto.

thats in mixed driving...long back roads (30ish miles) with a few stop signs/lights, and around 25 miles of highway (80ish mph), with heavy stop n go in the evenings. my morning commute is relatively ewasy, as im on the road at 530am, before the bulk of traffic, however, evenings in hitting the road at 5pm...in the worst of the traffic.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search