Is it worth it? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is it worth it?
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:58 PM
I have a 99 2.2 coupe but I want some more power so i figured i would want to look into a motor swap. I want to maybe swap to a quad 4 or an ecotec. Whatever gives me more power. I know when you do this you need new mounts and a lot of custom work must be done. You also must redo the whole electric with the harness and the ecu. I just want to get a ballpark figure as to how much something like this would cost me. Getting the motor is not a problem i have a hookup for that but is it worth doing the swap or just buying the same motor and throwing a turbo kit on it? Im really sorry i prob sound like an idiot but I need some type of help on this.

- Joe

Re: Is it worth it?
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:38 PM
you'll also need the trans...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:04 PM
Yea but as far as wiring and a new wiring harness and new mounts that part i dont understand. Is it even worth it? Is it possible? should i just buy the same motor i have and throw a turbo on it? I would really like to do a motor swap with more power. Anyone help please lol
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:08 PM
ok hope this helps.........

the 2.4 will give you more power, but the ecotec is proven to hold more boost (aruguable?) from what ive heard, 00+ J's should swap the ecotec in because its easier than 99 and older. since you have the 99 Id say for an easier swap do the 2.4 , because the ecotec for you would mean to swap the entire car pretty much, ask "Joeydabomb" he did the ecotec swap in a 97 and said it was a pain in the ass....if you have anymore questions ask...

PROUD MEMBER OF JBOK.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search