How Much POWER!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How Much POWER!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:04 AM
Alright I have an 02 cavi with the 2200 auto in it and I have no cat I have a resonator and a high flow canister, stock headers, powerraid throttle body spacer and a cold air intake. also I just got the greddy emanage ultimate so with a good tune how much are you guys guessing that my car is putting out??

RedCavi2008

Re: How Much POWER!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:52 AM
with those mods you might be lucky to see 100hp at the wheels and that emanage isn;'t gonna do a whole lot for ya

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:03 AM
Well with CAI (depending on Brand) you can expect around 5-10hp, no cat +3, hi flo +5, throttle body spacer (overrated) but about +3, emanage and good tune +25

So stock hp=110 factory rating
+10 average for intake and spacer
+8 for exhaust
+25 for good tune and emanage
----------------------------------------------------
About 150hp at the crank
So about 125hp at the front wheels

Very good gains for cheap and very simple upgrades
Next I would go w/ a shift kit to help get the power to the ground, A very good set of plugs and wires to burn the extra exhaust and air in the combustion chamber, bigger throttle body, an after-market header, bigger fuel pump and injectors
Then if you plan on getting much more power you could always boost the car.
B/C 1lbs of boost equals a 7% gain in hp-So 7 lbs of boost equals a 49% gain in power, so if you had a 150 hp at the wheels you would now have 225hp and a 2200 is very safe running 7psi on stock internals
Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:02 AM
125whp

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:44 AM
Quote:

I have no cat I have a resonator and a high flow canister,

why no cat? you wont see much from having no cat. now if you have a high power engine then yeah having no cat would help you. but you are probaly hurting you cars performance

Quote:

powerraid throttle body spacer

and that does nothing. except make a cool whislte noise

Quote:

cold air intake

anywhere from 3-5 horsepower. name brand or not they are all the same.

Quote:

greddy emanage ultimate

something like that is more useful for boosted cars. should of gotten hptuners if you wanted to tune your car.

id say probaly no more than 100 hp. but the only way to tell is to have your car dyno'd before and after parts are installed

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:58 AM
Not a whole lot more than stock. No cat, why? Put in a high flow if you're worried about it, stay legal.
That throttle body spacer probably does nothing, so I wouldn't count on any HP from that, and your cold air intake... lets be realistic, you'd maybe get like 2 or 3 HP from it.... And as far as tuning is concerned, HPtuners is one of the best tuner progs around, although I am ignorant of it.

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:09 AM
Tyler Gregory wrote:Well with CAI (depending on Brand) you can expect around 5-10hp, no cat +3, hi flo +5, throttle body spacer (overrated) but about +3, emanage and good tune +25

So stock hp=110 factory rating
+10 average for intake and spacer
+8 for exhaust
+25 for good tune and emanage
----------------------------------------------------
About 150hp at the crank
So about 125hp at the front wheels

Very good gains for cheap and very simple upgrades
Next I would go w/ a shift kit to help get the power to the ground, A very good set of plugs and wires to burn the extra exhaust and air in the combustion chamber, bigger throttle body, an after-market header, bigger fuel pump and injectors
Then if you plan on getting much more power you could always boost the car.
B/C 1lbs of boost equals a 7% gain in hp-So 7 lbs of boost equals a 49% gain in power, so if you had a 150 hp at the wheels you would now have 225hp and a 2200 is very safe running 7psi on stock internals

Please find your way back to the newbies forum with your misinformation. It is not needed in the real forums.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:40 PM
Let me get the proof on CAI and WAI for our beloved 2200 engine. A fellos jtuner here in my area has a sunfire with the 2200 in it, manual. His fire was bone stock no mods what so ever. He had his car dynoed in a local larger town and then had the car dynoed again after he put on his Injen intake. To his surprise he got no extra power what so ever. Infact he lost tq in the upper rpm's compared to his bone stock run. I will get the dyno charts for everybody next time I see him. Oh and if your all courious he later had header and full 2.25" exhaust added to the car and dynoed again a few weeks later. I beleive he told me he got about a 7hp gain from all the mods together. So I don't know where some of you get these numbers at, face it when it comes to getting power our of the j's dont expect to get what your paying for. Because your not simple truth sorry if it offends any of you.

In the planning stage for an all American TRD Cavalier.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:54 PM
Z24HO wrote:Let me get the proof on CAI and WAI for our beloved 2200 engine. A fellos jtuner here in my area has a sunfire with the 2200 in it, manual. His fire was bone stock no mods what so ever. He had his car dynoed in a local larger town and then had the car dynoed again after he put on his Injen intake. To his surprise he got no extra power what so ever. Infact he lost tq in the upper rpm's compared to his bone stock run. I will get the dyno charts for everybody next time I see him. Oh and if your all courious he later had header and full 2.25" exhaust added to the car and dynoed again a few weeks later. I beleive he told me he got about a 7hp gain from all the mods together. So I don't know where some of you get these numbers at, face it when it comes to getting power our of the j's dont expect to get what your paying for. Because your not simple truth sorry if it offends any of you.

that maybe true for his car, but it probaly wont be for the OP car. or anybody's car

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:17 PM
I would put you in a racing bracket with....

Geo Metro's

and.....

Well you pretty much just stand a chance against Geo Metro's...

Sorry man, but the truth hurts.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:34 PM
Quote:

Z24HO wrote:

Let me get the proof on CAI and WAI for our beloved 2200 engine. A fellos jtuner here in my area has a sunfire with the 2200 in it, manual. His fire was bone stock no mods what so ever. He had his car dynoed in a local larger town and then had the car dynoed again after he put on his Injen intake. To his surprise he got no extra power what so ever. Infact he lost tq in the upper rpm's compared to his bone stock run. I will get the dyno charts for everybody next time I see him. Oh and if your all courious he later had header and full 2.25" exhaust added to the car and dynoed again a few weeks later. I beleive he told me he got about a 7hp gain from all the mods together. So I don't know where some of you get these numbers at, face it when it comes to getting power our of the j's dont expect to get what your paying for. Because your not simple truth sorry if it offends any of you.

that maybe true for his car, but it probaly wont be for the OP car. or anybody's car

Point taken, but still I would not expect very much more at all with the same engne.

In the planning stage for an all American TRD Cavalier.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:47 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Z24HO wrote:Let me get the proof on CAI and WAI for our beloved 2200 engine. A fellos jtuner here in my area has a sunfire with the 2200 in it, manual. His fire was bone stock no mods what so ever. He had his car dynoed in a local larger town and then had the car dynoed again after he put on his Injen intake. To his surprise he got no extra power what so ever. Infact he lost tq in the upper rpm's compared to his bone stock run. I will get the dyno charts for everybody next time I see him. Oh and if your all courious he later had header and full 2.25" exhaust added to the car and dynoed again a few weeks later. I beleive he told me he got about a 7hp gain from all the mods together. So I don't know where some of you get these numbers at, face it when it comes to getting power our of the j's dont expect to get what your paying for. Because your not simple truth sorry if it offends any of you.

It's a low compression economical 4 cylinder, nothing falling in that category will beenfit from bolt-ons.

And to the person who said it could compete against the Geo Metro...get real, the Metro is just too light for him maybe some older minivans...

If you want power from your LN2, you need to regrind the cam, get a .020"-.030" headgasket and port the head. Without these, dyno time is just a waste of money. And, they can all be done for the price of an AEM intake and DC header

I once lost to a stock Cav, identical to mine (both base model auto sedans), but I had a CAI and aftermarket muffler lol, and my car was gutted. Yeah, bolt-ons FTL.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:36 PM
boost or juice c'mon man!!!That's the way to go

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:11 PM
I would sell the emanage and get HPT.. Then you can kill 2 birds with one stone... tune the engine and trans....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, April 27, 2007 7:05 AM
Well I know for a fact that the throttle body spacer gave me some power because my car wouldnt butn out until I put that in, and as for the nitrous I have a zex dry kit I just havent put it in because I dont want to blow the motor lol.. and as for some of the other stuff I raced a cavi just like mine also I took it by about 8 lengths. Oh and I can retartd timing with emanage for nitrous, right?? next week I'm getting my head ported and polished. It be even sweeter to get the patriot performance head, so I'm really considering that also. What do you guys think??

RedCavi2008
Friday, April 27, 2007 7:36 AM
Justin Higgins wrote:What do you guys think??

Oy vey... that just about sums it up

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, April 27, 2007 8:57 AM
Justin Higgins wrote:Well I know for a fact that the throttle body spacer gave me some power because my car wouldnt butn out until I put that in, and as for the nitrous I have a zex dry kit I just havent put it in because I dont want to blow the motor lol.. and as for some of the other stuff I raced a cavi just like mine also I took it by about 8 lengths. Oh and I can retartd timing with emanage for nitrous, right?? next week I'm getting my head ported and polished. It be even sweeter to get the patriot performance head, so I'm really considering that also. What do you guys think??

i think if you have the kind of money to afford a Patriot head and a nitrous kit as well as all these bolt ons, its time to either get real and get a 2.4 or eco powered cav/sunfire or swap either engine into yours and call it a day.

hell, for the price of the spray you bought and the head u want you could go find a 95-99 z24 in ok conditon, seems ur all about racing so you probly wont care much how it looks.

Friday, April 27, 2007 9:31 AM
Quote:

Well I know for a fact that the throttle body spacer gave me some power because my car wouldnt butn out until I put that in

LOL. going by a dyno and going by a burn out are 2 tottally different things

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search