will it work? and how? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
will it work? and how?
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:34 PM
ok so heres the deal, i have access to a set of gsx 1000 itbs for realllllllllly cheap. i have an 04 ecotec. i am in the process of building for all motor and i already have an unused intake flange and i was thinking of using the itbs. i know a lot of people on here have talked about it but never done it or finised and i would really like to try and make this work. my head is getting p&p'd and i have a set of custom grind cams going in as well as stainless valves, and i know the optimal runner length should be around 10-12 inches. i have seen a few on hmt's site.

my questions are how to mount and make the iac and map and tps work. i have an idea of how to transfer the factory tps to the gsx linkage but i have no idea of how to make the map and iac work. i have heard of making a vacuum canister but how would i make it work?

Re: will it work? and how?
Monday, April 23, 2007 10:10 PM
not sure how any of us can help you since no one has really done it yet

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, April 23, 2007 10:22 PM
yeah i searched and found nothing really, i was just looking for some ideas. i figured out that i can make a vacuum canister to route all the vacuum lines to and to mount the map to and the honda guys mount the iac there too with a little adapter plate. just wondering if this would maybe work on the eco. and seeing if anyone had some better ideas.

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:49 PM
i also read that i should taper the runners to get air velocity into the chamber. man this is going to be complicated. it is supposed to be easier since i have cams though.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:07 AM
Talk to skwirl, he was going to do this but is going boosted instead. He could probably point you in the right direction.

How high are you planning on reving? according to the site I have for calculating intake runner lengths, 12" + 4" (head to valve lenght) puts the second harmonic at 8702 to 10560 rpm. Site

Not trying to bash you idea, just trying to find out more.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search