valve springs - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
valve springs
Friday, March 23, 2007 8:30 PM
I read forums saying there are no valve springs for the ln2 but on JBP there are non conical valve springs that say they handle more lift is this true or are they the same springs

Re: valve springs
Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:55 AM
Yes JBP does make conical valvesprings for the LN2 motor that should be used with an aftermarket camshaft. I used them and they worked just fine.

PUSHROD SQUAD 2200 OHV. 462 hp / 396 tq *RIP*
Abe Froman Video Productions on Myspace (click here)

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:48 AM
Alright thanks a lot abe but how lift will these springs take? about .500?
Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:40 PM
Definitely not over .500 but that's a very high lift for an LN2 motor anyways. Those springs really a high load spring and some think they shouldn't be used, but there isn't another valve spring out for the 2200 and I would refuse to use stock. I had no problems with mine. What cam are you going to be using?

PUSHROD SQUAD 2200 OHV. 462 hp / 396 tq *RIP*
Abe Froman Video Productions on Myspace (click here)

Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:59 PM
The Thread might be a long one, but here is the 2200 Valve Spring thread.

You can see what we went throught to find springs for the 2200. You basically have two choices, the JBP springs, which are notorious for causing breakage and inaccurate spring rates, or machine the head and or using the older <'98 2.2L OHV Valves (which have longer stems), but requires a Valve Cover spacer and custom length push rods.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:33 PM
any v8 springs that might fit?

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:49 PM
I'm sorry if im thread jacking, but i didn't think i'd need a whole new topic about pretty much the same thing.. I was wondering what springs are better for a 2.4 LD9? would you guys go with the 2.3 HO springs or thesenull or is there another option? somebody throw some light on this..

When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end! - Homer J. Simpson
Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:48 PM
im not sure yet but im thinking about .47 lifti really want a cavie with as much torque as i can get so i want to run a little less duration
Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:18 PM
CAVI.DEMON wrote:any v8 springs that might fit?

As in the 2200 Valve Spring thread, you can use any 1.265" max o.d. valve spring, but you must machine the spring seat and/or use the pre-'98 valves (custom machined valves just might be your best bet), the correct combination of locks and retainers and a set of narrow bodied self-aligning rocker arms.

OHV CAV wrote: I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about .470" lift. I really want a Cavie with as much torque as I can get, so I want to run a little less duration.

With the mods you have listed in your profile, and what you have planed, I would recommend something in the intake duration range of 200-206 degrees @ .050, with the center-line advanced one degree and the exhaust ground with between 4 and 12 degrees more duration and retarded one degree. This would give you an intake C.L. of 108 degrees A.T.D.C. and a lobe separation of 112 degrees(stock is 109/114, respectively). Running less duration than the stock cam wouldn't really do much for the low end torque. Added lift, faster ramp rates and advanced intake C.L.s helped more than less duration. A regrind on a stock core, with the Crane HR-204/286 for the intake lobe and the HR-208/292 for the exhaust lobe with the lobe timing as above and 1.6:1 rockers would be ideal. Comp Cams also has lobe with similar numbers, if you prefer them. This cam would give you good increases in the low to mid range power-bands, without losing any top end HP. Headers and a full 2"-2.25"exhaust would boost the low end while adding a little extra at the top.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:20 AM
thanks jack u never fail to disappoint*JBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search