Better Choice? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Better Choice?
Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:51 PM
im rebuilding my 2.4t motor and im trying to decide what some better choices would be for performance parts.

Cams: Comp Cams, or Street Cams from Mantpart?

Head: Street head from Mantapart, or get my head ported and polished at the local machine shop.

Or if there is some better decisions im open for them. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Re: Better Choice?
Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:52 PM
Also what would be a good choice for pistons?

Sunday, March 18, 2007 8:10 PM
whatever you do. stay away from mantapart. they are known around here for not delivering parts in a timley manner and a general over all crappy service

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:26 PM
hmm thanks for the heads up! But is there any body in here that can help me out with finding the right parts?

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:40 AM
wiseco are good pistons from what i hear. get them from Karo @ carcustoms.

and get your own head P&P

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 19, 2007 10:31 PM
to mount to the pistons i hear that eagle rods are very nice. Can anybody tell from experience?

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:26 AM
comp cams makes no such thing for 2.4L unless somthing new has come out
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:59 AM
Eagle Rods and Wisco Pistons, head port and polished, maybe an angle valve job while they're in there.
May I suggest researching the 2.3L oil pump swap, since you are interested in somewhat taking your motor apart, it may not hurt to get rid of the balance shafts, and getting a better oiling system. But if you look into it that far, might as well replace all bearings, have crank balanced, and get a new water pump.
I think JBP (j-body performance) makes cams for the 2.4, I havne't been on their site in a long while.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:08 PM
i bought an old motor from the junk yard to build while i am still driving my car. i took that motor apart and now im looking to build it to be a BEAST!

I have had to block boiled and pressure washed by the local machine shop. and i have had my crank balanced and polished. Next is the pistons.

Going to go with Wiseco pistons and Eagle Rods.
Head will be ported and polished and angle milled.

Havent researched the 2.3 oil pump swap yet though. how much customizing is in that job? or is it a direct bolt on conversion.

Question: On turbo applications, how much wheel HP are the people that turbo'd recieving with how much boost? Im interested in turboing my 2.4 after i work this motor in for a while. But i want to read up on my research and think about what would be best.

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:17 AM
I believe the most is 17psi. By the Skwirl.
(correct me if Im wrong)

The 2.3 pump swap doesnt have much work into it, but it requires that you drill into your block opening up the oil passages to a bigger diameter. Most reccommend it but JBP has another alternative for you if your not up to it. (and most JBOeons will burn you for even thinking about it. Ive said too much... I must flee!).

Besides all that, it looks like your on your way.
probably other reccomendation would be...

the engine:
what everyone stated before me ^

the head
1) 086 head swap/ 2.3 HO valvetrain swap into the LD9 head/ the LG0 head swap *it really your choice, do some research on them*
2) P&P w/ 3-5 angle valve job

Thats from all the research Ive done
Hope it helps

now DIE!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search