Bomz underdrive pulley.. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bomz underdrive pulley..
Friday, March 09, 2007 11:09 PM
is the Bomz pulley a reputable product? its not the "cheapest" pulley on ebay, and it at least has a brand name. ive heard of bomz before, but i dont have any experience with their pulleys. will i be alright with this? bomz pulley

Re: Bomz underdrive pulley..
Friday, March 09, 2007 11:24 PM
Im sure lots of folks on here will say not to get it. But its all about how reputable the seller is (Bomz is known, but with us, not that great). Look up their history on these items. Then you decide.

When it comes to Ebay, its hit and miss. Make your choices, take your chances. (not to bash everything on Ebay)

However, I wouldnt go this route for the UD pulley. Id save up for an unorthodox pulley or (in my case) Buy one from a fellow JBOeon

Ask -MD- LD9 about this. He might still be selling them.

...They just HATE it when you ...POINT - LAUGH - then DRIVE OFF AND AWAY-!...
Friday, March 09, 2007 11:46 PM
If u get Bomz crank pulley make sure u get an AEM alt pulley. I have em on my car and it works great.
Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:10 AM
The BOMZ is under driven more than I personally like. This is just my opinion, and I am probably bias.
Mastin bought mine, RSM racings, unorthodox, and I believe one other. He compared them all for form, fit, and function. For a non-bias opinion i would ask him. He seems to research every thing he puts on his car. Here is a post he made a little while back.

I think Mastin said it best
Mastin wrote:Yeah,
MDs is the only one that installed like an OEM pulley.

Meaning,
The Unorthodox and RSM pulleys din't require pulley pullers to get on and off.
You could slide them on and off lke water.

Now, that's not a bad thing per se.
But I didn't even notice it until I got MD's

His, like the factory pulley, you have to use (I had to), the pulley bolt to get it on.
And a pulley puller to get it off.
Fitment was nice and tight like OEM.

Weight wise its like a 2-3 oz. diff. Personally weighed on the same USPS scale
RSM underdrive 11oz (THE lightest but my car is an auto and that was just too light for my liking )
Unorthordox underdrive 14 oz
RSM factory size 21oz
MD LD9 custom 23 oz
Factory was 63.6 oz

Only ones I've not tried are the Apex factory sized. Can't remember the weight.
And the ebay/RK geneic underdrive pulley. But I hear that's over a pound and a half.

So if you want factory sized, go for MD's
Hopefully ha has a couple left.

-M

I wish I had some in stock, but I am working on it RIGHT now. Click Link.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:48 AM
I have a Bomz. I had a 2.3 underdrive before it. It is the same size as a 2.3, and weights less. Works great and I do not have a ALT pulley either. I have a small system, but have had a big system with a 2.3 pulley, and never a issue. For the price I think the ebay puley's are the best option.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:23 AM
Almir Omerdic wrote:If u get Bomz crank pulley make sure u get an AEM alt pulley. I have em on my car and it works great.

thnx, aem alt, will be purchased also... how long have u had em both and how easy was install?

quote=John Higgins]I have a Bomz. I had a 2.3 underdrive before it. It is the same size as a 2.3, and weights less. Works great and I do not have a ALT pulley either. I have a small system, but have had a big system with a 2.3 pulley, and never a issue. For the price I think the ebay puley's are the best option.

thnx for the positive review, im gonna try it out, cuz its not that expensive..

and MD, thnx for the input.. i've talked to u before about pulleys, and have been waitin to see when they are gona pop up again.. i would no doubt get yours, but im just anxious to get some, at least a set that is decent enough.. when urs come out ill probly get those and replace these just in case.. thx guys

Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:40 AM
Quote:

and MD, thnx for the input.. i've talked to u before about pulleys, and have been waitin to see when they are gona pop up again.. i would no doubt get yours, but im just anxious to get some, at least a set that is decent enough.. when urs come out ill probly get those and replace these just in case.. thx guys

If I could get some made that would be great. Please see link.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:48 PM
i will give you advice. dont bother
1. i put the bomz pulley on my LD9 - didnt make a noticeable power gain
2. it made my belt squeal after i installed it - very annoying
this is why im saying your better off installling i/h/e

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search