2200 Oil Pump ? (after doing a search) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Oil Pump ? (after doing a search)
Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:13 AM
Basically, what I'm seeing from the threads on here is that I have (2) options: a higher-volume Mullen (sp?) pump or, well, stock. Is this pretty much the case, guys?

My motor said "Peace Out!" (last season) because my oil pump seized up tighter than a frog's a$$ in cold water. This season I'll be pushing almost double the PSI (up to 12) and a 50'ish shot of nitrous. It PAINS me to put a stock pump back in (even if I have it on the loose side of spec) but my time frame is so tight I'm not sure if I'll have time to "play" with diff. pumps that "might" fit. Thanks in advance for any input, guys!

Re: 2200 Oil Pump ? (after doing a search)
Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:18 AM
could try dry sump...would open you to more options

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Re: 2200 Oil Pump ? (after doing a search)
Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:30 AM
MadJack wrote:The '90-'93 LN2 oil pump is a direct bolt on replacement. It supplies approximately 10% more volume and has a 60psi relief spring. This is the best pump for anything but a max effort race motor. There is also a high volume pump, that supplies 25% more volume than stock, but would be over kill and uses up more power to move the volume of oil it's moving.

Adler wrote:Melling makes a high volume pump that will fit the newer 2.2s. The pump is actually listed for a 90-93ish 2.2. The stock early 90's 2.2 oil pumps flowed more volume than the newer 2.2 pumps anyways. The high volume pump that Melling sells suppose to flow 25% more than the stock early 1990 pumps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:33 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search