Engine for 97 Cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine for 97 Cavalier
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:30 PM
First off Im new but I have a question. I have a 97 Cavalier that blew the motor. I talked to a Mechanic and he thinks I blew a hole in the #2 piston. I am considering replacing it with a Remufactured motor from Jasper Performance Engines, but it will cost $3200 dollars installed. The motor does come with a 3yr/75,000 mile warranty. The car itself has 123k miles and drive like a dream and ran great till it happened. I was wondering if there is any other places to get a reliable engine, and if it a good idea to go with the new motor for this car. I think the J body line of cars is wonderful this one is the 3rd J body Ive owned. Please help with my problem. thank you for any help.

Re: Engine for 97 Cavalier
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:21 PM
if money aint an issue. do an engine swap at least a 2.4. or even an ecotec.
only other place that might have an engine for you is paceperformance.com

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:18 AM
What modifications do you have that would blow a hole in a piston? I'd get a second opinion, that sounds like a pile of bull-dung.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:31 AM
Get a junkyard engine.

97 Cavalier 2.2 5-speed, 88 Camaro IROC-Z 5.7 auto, 91 Firebird Formula 5.7 auto, 88 Conquest TSi 2.6T 5 speed, 93 Silverado ECSB 5.7 auto.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:33 AM
i bought another motor from pick-n-pull in columbus ohio and i replaced it with my old motor as a temporary solution while i put the old motor on my engine stand to build it and the new motor runs a hell of alot better than my old one did before it blew the head gasket!!! get a junk yard motor youll sometimes be surprised!!

hondas are like tampons.....every pu$$y needs one...
mildly built 99' ln2, eagle h-beam rods, wiseco forged alum. pistons, cusco oil catch, t3/t4 super 60 garret, tial 40 mm wastegate, hp tuners, prothane mount inserts, 2.5" exhaust.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search