throttle body upgrade - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body upgrade
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:49 PM
i have been reading the forums about throttle bodies and i was just wondering where do u get a throttle body bored at or wherer can u buy a bored throttle body for a 96 2.2l. also does it make any difference if u have a bigger throttle body some say yes some say no what do ya'll think i am confused and need some answers please help

Re: throttle body upgrade
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:22 PM
bigger tb is better used with boost or high power MA engines.
you can get yours bored out at a machine shop

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:42 AM
Why is this post on twice???

Are you looking for two different answers?

Just wondering...

...They just HATE it when you ...POINT - LAUGH - then DRIVE OFF AND AWAY-!...
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:08 AM
for the 96 you have to take the whole upper plenum to a machine shop. the throttle body is all one integral piece with the plenum. so either your car will be out of commission while the work is being done, or you can find one at a junk yard. now, as for gains, i doubt you'll gain anything so much as move your torque band a bit higher. you probably wont even see a difference unless you plan on boosting, or going for a complete all out N/A build. at which point, you'd have to get a different pcm, because hptuners doesnt support the 96 model cavs.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 12:02 PM
Bored 94-97 Throttle body. They're asking $275 for it though, and a local machine shop would hopefully do it cheaper. I'm not 100% sure the s-10 and cav share the tb, but that would be easy to find out if you go that route. As Rich said expect the powerband to move up, which for a daily driver like the 2.2 ohv I guess it depends on how you drive.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:51 PM
that throttle body will defineatly werk. but imo the price sucks ass

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:19 PM
^^ exactly. shouldnt cost more than like $60 at a proper machine shop to do the same thing.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search