A couple of 2.4 questions, AFPR? and keeping cruise with HO manifold. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A couple of 2.4 questions, AFPR? and keeping cruise with HO manifold.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:56 AM
Hey everyone, I've got an ho manifold, ho tb with sensors, and a Fontana adapter that I'm going to be installing on my 99 Z24 over spring break next week when I have a garage again. On this subject I just had one question, I have the big cruise module mounted on the firewall, is there anyway to keep my cruise control? IT looks like I'd be able to unmount it from the firewall, and maybe try to redirect it better, but even then will the cable reach? edit: and, if this is possible, would the module itself need to be mounted to something for the cruise to function properly?

And then my last question deals with the fuel pressure regulator on the same engine. The previous owner put what definately appears to be a non-stock regulator on the rail, but in all of my days looking at photos on here of other 2.4s I haven't seen one like this. The screw on the top somewhat leads me to think it is an adjustable unit, but it really doesn't look like any of the other adjustable units I've seen either.

Anyways, I've attatched a picture that shows what I'm talking about on both questions. The cruise isn't a big deal because my right foot still works fine, but the regulator is something that has puzzled me since I bought the car back in June of 04.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:59 AM

Re: A couple of 2.4 questions, AFPR? and keeping cruise with HO manifold.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:29 AM
Its an adjustable AFPR. Also turn your cruse bracket around 180 degrees, and the cable will reach just fine. However my cruse cable didn't fit my 2.3 throttle bracket. I also have a 99Z.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:37 AM
the cruise bracket wont fit, flipped over, under the GM strut bar........... you have to pull the module from the bracket, mod the bracket, and put the module in backwards...... then it fits

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:47 AM
also needs to make the 2.4 cruise cable fit the 2.3 tb bracket.
what i did is cut the part where the 2.4 cable attach on the 2.4 bracket and bolt it to the 2.3 bracket...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 1:19 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:the cruise bracket wont fit, flipped over, under the GM strut bar........... you have to pull the module from the bracket, mod the bracket, and put the module in backwards...... then it fits

I didn't see the GM bar, it will clear a vibrant bar.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:01 PM
Sweet, thanks guys, I think that was the most help I've ever gotten from posting a question here, and it was damn quick too.

I appreciate it guys. Also the throttlebody I got is from a 94 ho, it looks like everything will hook up fine, but I've been wrong before!

I'm hoping the manifold stuff and the header open the top end more, it's got nice grunt, but from 4500 - 6k it just feels flat. Given the dyno charts I've seen that's just the way it is, this engine makes a pretty flat torque curve. But I also know that with the other mods that lame excuse of a "ported" exhaust manifold that I'm running still flows like @!#$. Anyways, I'm looking to try and hit a dyno after this too because the next step is going to be cams and headwork.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search