Need a good direction to go - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a good direction to go
Thursday, March 01, 2007 6:46 AM
I'm getting tired of just modding exterior stuff, and interior stuff on my car. I need more power.

My funds are a bit limited at the moment, but I'm in need of something. I was thinking maybe the cams, but I don't know anyone around me who can put them in right. How much extra HP/Torque should I expect from the secret cams anyway?

Any other ideas?

Re: Need a good direction to go
Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:40 AM
I'd look into nitrous. Kits go for $500.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:47 AM
Myles wrote:I'd look into nitrous. Kits go for $500.

I gatta do a rebuild before that. I've got 145k on the motor without any rebuild.

And I'm thinking maybe more mechanical performance. Not a turbo or supercharger, I'm too poor for that right now.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:10 PM
most start with an intake. then go from there

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:58 PM
I've never had a problem going left. Try that direction.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:50 PM
Where you live? i can put your cams in for ya, whats the specs on em? and then id go intake, and full exhaust, ect.

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Friday, March 02, 2007 6:49 PM
David Ortlieb wrote:Where you live? i can put your cams in for ya, whats the specs on em? and then id go intake, and full exhaust, ect.

I take it you guys don't check out profiles much... Not a problem though. I'll post them here. My list of performance mods are as follows:

Bosch Spark Plugs
Cold Air Intake
Maganaflow Cat-back Exhaust
OBX 4:1 Headers
RK Sport High Flow Cat
B & M Short Throw Shifter
Clutch Masters Stage 1 Clutch

I live in Albany NY. The cams I'm going to get are the secret cams, from the 2.3L engine, I believe. (BTW I have the 2.4L Engine)

Anyway, I need to get the cams, because I really need more performance.

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:36 PM
yea, i can do it for ya.. only problem is i live in ohio lol

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:39 PM
Where about in ohio do ya live? I might need ya to help out with a new head and cam installin.
Friday, March 02, 2007 7:41 PM
Washington Court House, just lettin you know now, Im only 15, just had to put higher than 18 on the profile crap so i could get an account, but i have worked on many peoples cars, and have my own, and nkow and have experiance in doing just about anything to a car, so yea lol

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:56 PM
Don't know where that is, but I live in northeastern part of kentucky.

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:59 PM
oo.. you know where bloomingburg is? or columbus? either one? lol

Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:55 PM
start with your bolt on( exhaust, header, cams Intake) and then start getting more stuff added

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:44 PM
Cams/intake/exhaust and you can also get some computer work done too. Add in a piggyback unit or if you can tune your air/fuel map. Then after the bolt on's and such, upgrade your fuel delivery with some high flow pumps (hard to find for the J-body, atleast I can't find them) etc...

If you're really desperate, grap a copy of need for speed underground 2 and check out the performance parts that you can add to your car in the game (sadly no J-bodys. They'd never keep up to the other cars out there. Just remember that the game is just a game programed by some retards that work for EA, they no very little about cars. Chances are, the ammount of power that the game says each part gives your virtual car will not be the same in real life. lol. Just thought I'd make that clear.

And don't go cheap because that's what you will get....is cheap.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search