2200 Flywheel - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Flywheel
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 5:12 PM
OK i tried to find info on this but could find anything so hope fully somebody can point me in the right direction. Where can I get a 9 lb. Flywheel for a 2200? Also for a resonable price if possible but if not I can understand.

Secondlt where can I buy a High flow Oil pump for the 2200?

Re: 2200 Flywheel
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:04 PM
High flow oil pump is Melling part# M98 at your local parts store (Don't get the M98HV, it's WAY too much oil).

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:41 PM
What part stores are you referring to because Auto Zone doesn't have it. Napa?

And what about the Flywheel?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:54 PM
Why would it be necessary to have a higher flowing oil pump than stock? Was it inferior from the factory or is this for a high performance application?
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:24 PM
Notec......think you posted in the wrong thred buddy.....

as for the Flywheel I got mine from Turbo Tech. and when I did get mine they had the cheapest price including shipping.....so support your jbody parts dealers....screw auto zone and what not. We need to keep giving TTR more reason to build us more J body parts....

Seriously though.....I think turbo tech has the cheapest with shipping.....but look around at the other stores that are org friendly or just hit up froogle.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:12 AM
as said above turbo tech is the cheapest be sides ebay, but there hasnt been many on ebay recently.
heres a link for turbo tech. click here
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:15 AM
O for an high flow oil pump JBP has one. heres a link for that. click here
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:21 AM
Wow...
That pump's a little expensive.

"support the J body vendors" is ok, but online pricing for the M98HV is less than half what JBP wants. There's a difference between supporting vendors and spending "stupid money." $80 extra for a $70 part is a bit high.

BTW, there's really no need for a HV pump in the 2.0 / 2.2 OHV engine. The stock 90-93 pump provides plenty of oil.

-->Slow
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:55 AM
Here's a link to a thread about the need for the High Volume pump. The '93 & older pump will suffice all but the most extreme motors.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:56 AM
Scott Kostura wrote:OK i tried to find info on this but could find anything so hope fully somebody can point me in the right direction. Where can I get a 9 lb. Flywheel for a 2200? Also for a resonable price if possible but if not I can understand.

Secondlt where can I buy a High flow Oil pump for the 2200?

We carry them at www.TurboTechRacing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:22 AM
lol sorry notec.......I ur right...

Slowolej- dam ur tight thats mighty expensive for an oil pump.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:08 PM
Thanks for all the feed back got the info i needed. Just going to make sure I got this right though. Stock 93 and older oil pump will work good for boost/performance application? And Turbo Tech Racing has the Flywheel? If thats correct then thanks all and its greatly appreciated

Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:07 PM
Jucie n' Boost (jucie pushrods wrote:lol sorry notec.......I ur right...

Slowolej- dam ur tight thats mighty expensive for an oil pump.

^ geeze I sound drunk.......... lol

so to correct that Notec- your correct

and I ment *right not *tight....durrr

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search