so i need some help.................... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i need some help....................
Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:39 PM
i currently own/drive a 96 cav w/the 2.2 manual trans. i just got back from the dyno today and pulled 119.21 hp and 128.66 ft-lbs trq. my mod list includes--- a full exhaust, intake, port and polished intake and head, the head has been milled .022 and that is really about it. i am curious as to where to go now. i don't want to spend a crap load of $ right now but i am not cheap either......i just don't want to fork over the cash for a turbo or anything like that. so what i am looking for is some advise as to what i sould do next to increase hp

any help would be apprieciated

thanks

R.I.P. Micheal Geyman 2006

Re: so i need some help....................
Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:43 PM
Call Nelson Performance and get them to reprogram your ECU you have all that work done and have a stock computer. Your not getting all the horspower for you mods. There website is www.nelsonperformance.com
Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:33 PM
VERY interesting... How hard to change the ECU in a 2006 Cavalier? Alot of $$$... Wonder if it's worth it?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 4:34 PM
... I mean a 2004 Cavalier... Don't know what I was thinking...
Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:07 PM
What does it cost to have the computer reprogrammed on a '95 cavalier. Does anyone know?
Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:47 PM
contact nelson performance and ask. or get HPtuners and do it yourself

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:53 PM
Hp tuners are for 97 and newer. Which seems like they would be 96 and newer since 96 is obd2.
Monday, October 23, 2006 2:52 PM
well i actually might bite the bullet and just do an n/a build or go turbo.............i am leaning towards the n/a because not as many people seem to do it. i am not 100% sure though on what i am going to do yet. any input on an n/a build would be greatly appreiciated though, i am by no means an engine expert but i know a thing or two and know alot of people that build engines performance wise, but would still like some input

thanks

dave

R.I.P. Micheal Geyman 2006
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search