Comp Cams Stage 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Comp Cams Stage 3
Friday, October 20, 2006 1:15 PM
i was wonderng if anybody has or heard anything about comp cams for the ECOTEC? what differences that they noticed? i was thinking about getting this set . but since i know nothing bout cams. was wondering if anybody would like to give any input.

Re: Comp Cams Stage 3
Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:00 PM
where are you looking at these?

FYI if your looking at the stage 3 cams form gravana what they list as "stage 3" is really the cams meant for supercharger aplications.

heres the comp cams for the ecotec. and remeber bigger isn't better, get what you need for your aplication. Comp cams is a reputable company, a few people have goten then turbo cams and love them, great products in general.

Sunday, October 22, 2006 2:23 PM
the cams they have as the high rpm street/strip cams are like a stage 2, and they are right on its all top end power on those. if you do alot of city driving or around 30-40mph you probably wont like them they are almost exactly the same grind numbers as what i have from JBP

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:43 PM
Tell everyone from experience, that the comp stage 3 idle at 1250 RPM (if you want to hold a steady idle) anything less and it will die. GREAT power til 8000 RPM and @ 5000 RPM wow do they KICK.

We have some MANY sets of the stage 1 and turbo cams @ www.TurboTechRacing.com

Never any complaints about the performance.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:37 PM
I back what Aaron said 150%. The stage 3 cams are definately NOT STREETABLE. The other 4 easily are though. I have a couple sets of the stage 2 and blower ones in stock as well. So between me and Aaron you got your choice of them all in stock, although we can both EASILY get whichever set you need. LOL.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:08 AM
do the 2's idle fine and run right without having to mod compueter?

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:16 AM
Darkstars wrote:do the 2's idle fine and run right without having to mod compueter?

Please be for the silver car...... (CROSSES FINGERS)

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:25 AM
hahaha actuallys its not for me, its for someone who wants me to install cams for him in the spring

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:42 AM
I think all you'd need to do to GUARANTEE code free usage with the stage 2 is adjust the KS. I know one guy running them on a stock ECU with no codes or idle issues.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 23, 2006 12:28 PM
thats all i did with my stage 2's was insulate the KS and run 90 octane and its normal

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:38 PM
total noob question but its totally worth it
what does KS stand for.. i've been thinkin about it for the longest time

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:47 PM
Knock Sensor

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:06 PM
^^ how does yours idle?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:59 AM
little added vibration with the motor mounts. rarely have had it stall sitting at a stop light .just in park its never stalled but the sound through the exhaust you can definitely hear they are installed

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:35 PM
Hmm.. I might buy a pair of Stage II for Thanksgiving. So uhh, turbotech, is there any core charge?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 2:05 PM
No core charge, these are BRAND NEW cams. Never installed in any way, they cut them from a blank.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:03 PM
Wow sounds perfect. Now all I got to do is save money instead of spending it every weekend and I should be able to order them in a few weeks. Thanks Aaron. On and I love yalls Upper Engine Mount. I've gotten many comments on it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search