exhaust gain then gone? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust gain then gone?
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:23 PM
Last week i put my header, High flow cat then welded the resonator onto the cat and ptu them on the car and made an appointment for a exhaust shop to do the rest for me. But just for the hell of it i took the car out for drive with just the glasspack. Picked up speed nicly and felt a nice gain from it. Now today i get my car back from the exhaust shop and they F*cked up and cut the glasspack off cuz suppostly it didn't fight right with it on cuz they couldn't get a bend tight enought with it there (yea ok whatever dicks). But now the car doesn't have that pick up and go anymore. Why is that with just the glasspack after the cat i felt more of a gain then i go with a full exhaust without the glasspack?

Re: exhaust gain then gone?
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:26 PM
Noise its all in your head.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:20 PM
BlackEco wrote:Noise its all in your head.

sad but true

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:24 PM
maybe it is all in my head. i dunno im to pissed at the shop to even notice much about the car.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:32 AM
Why did you said ok to that? you had a resonator and ask them to do the exhaust from there. You didn't had to accept the POS they did.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:16 PM
i dunno i just figured i'd put it on later and drive the car without it maybe i'd like the way it sounded. Would the little power lost i feel be because my CEL is on from the IAT? I kinda ripped the wires out installin a new intake.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:43 AM
glass packs = straight through muffler. The muffler has little holes on the outside of the pipe in it, and it's wrapped in fiberglass. The fiberglass absorbs some of the sound as the exhaust flows out. There is almost no restriction. Any other muffler you put on there will be more restrictive by far.

But I would think glass packs on an engine so small would actually cause a loss of torque down below 3000rpms... so I think you might just miss the sound Jack up the car and look at the work, mabey they made a really tight turn, or used really small diam pipe, or pipe that is way to large (bigger than 2.5 inch).
Saturday, October 21, 2006 11:15 AM
What type of piping did they run? They might have done a crush bend, and made a really restricive bend in it?

Can you post a pic of the install? Maybe they botched the work? They wouldn't install your glasspack, who knows what else they might have done wrong...

Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:07 PM
yea they used crushed bends . I'll post up pics later on when i get time maybe tomorrow

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:01 AM
I'd take it back, Crush bends could be more restrictive than stock, even at a bigger size. I think you just got pwned by the muffler shop.

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:08 AM
take it back man and tell them it wasnt done right, get rid of the crush bends ASAP!!!!

----------
@!#$ y'all...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search