where do you get oil pump swap parts? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
where do you get oil pump swap parts?
Saturday, October 14, 2006 2:02 AM
i have some numbers for the parts but the only place i have seen when i search to get this stuff is mantapart and everybody says not to shop there so im not. gmpartsdirect doesnt have the part numbers i have so it cant find the stuff needed. where do i get the stuff to do this? i got the numbers from the write ups that have been done for the swap.
thanks hope you guys can help.

Re: where do you get oil pump swap parts?
Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:04 AM
You should be able to purchase everything you need off of GMpartsdirect except for the windage tray, and the suction screen bracket (the thing that holds up the suction screen thingy thats hangin off of the pump). The braket can easily be fabricated, and I have a spare windage tray if your interested. Otherwise its the junk yard.
Saturday, October 14, 2006 12:32 PM
sure the widage tray is no longer available from GM? the last 2 I got were from GM.....

The pickup, pump, widage tray, drive gear I all got from GM.... but that was about a year ago....

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:06 PM
i tried to get my stuff around March, i know theres two different types of windage trays and I only had one part number so maybe you can still get the other I dont know. I'm almost positive you cant get the screen bracket from GMPD though.
Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:29 PM
I recieved the crank gear, windage tray, screen bracket and oil pick-up from GM back in May. I went to the Bill Jacobs Chevrolet dealership to order them because they have a GMparts section in the back. You may want to call around to some GM dealerships and find out if they have a GM Parts section.
Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:54 PM
Interesting....sounds like I got screwed in the puch if ya know what i mean....hehe, eh....junk yard is fun for me and I got them for like $3.00 of all of it so hey.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search