Catalytic Converter Installation - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Catalytic Converter Installation
Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:54 PM
Hey there guys, I just picked up a high-flow cat yesterday and recieved my new header today. Now I'm just waiting on the motor mounts that should be here on Monday. So for now I'm planning on a Tuesday install date since I should be done with work around 10 at the latest.

My only question is...would a shop weld in the cat without asking any questions or would they worry about them being liable if it doesn't pass emissions?

The reason I ask is because of what a piece of paper I recieved with it said...
Quote:

INSTALLATION STATEMENT

THE U.S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY REQIRES THAT THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT BE READ AND SIGNED BY THE VEHICLE OWNER AND THE INSTALLER OF THE REPLACEMENT CATALYTIC CONVERTER:

Catalytic Converters are emission control devices which are designede to last the life of the vehicle and do not normally require replacement. Furthermore, if the vehicle is properly used and maintained, original converters are covered by the emission control warranty for 8 years or 80,000 miles. Federal laq prohibits repair business from replacing these devices except under certain limited circumstances. In order to verify that proper circumstances exist, the owern of the vehicle on which such repairs are made and a facility representative must sign the following statement:

O The vehicle is over 8 years old or has more than 80,000 miles on it and the catalytic converter required replacement because __________________________________________________________________

or

O The vehicle's owner was missing when the vehicle was brought in.

So, what do you all think?

Re: Catalytic Converter Installation
Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:03 PM
I've read that too.

I just took it to the shop and they put it in. no questions asked.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:53 PM
I got that with my converter too. The shop never asked me for any paper like that. I never asked them about it. I did have it with me though, just in case.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:36 PM
I know when i got my magnaflow cat and i took it to Midas to get put on they told me no.....they said it had to be a cat I bought from them for them to install it. I took it to a little exhaust shop and they welded it on no prob then.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:51 PM
midas are assh8les.lol

instagram: peru_stylez

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:37 PM
^this.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:41 PM
CHINO wrote:midas are assh8les.lol

you brought back a fucking 3 year old thread, that had 3 responses to say that.... wtf? anyone else notice this guy doing this alot lately?

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:57 PM
CHINO wrote:midas are assh8les.lol

DITTO AND SO ARE THE ONES ANT MONRO
Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:28 PM
How much did you pay for your aftermarket cats?
And are you sure that they were worth it, check this article for some information about the power diffrence made from aftermarket, testpipes, and oem.
http://umods.angelfire.com/tips.html
its at the bottom end of the list

http//www.umods.org/drift.html
umods@live.com/ddiaz@umods.org

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search