car trying to die but only when nitrous is on - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car trying to die but only when nitrous is on
Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:10 PM
venom vcn-1000 dry kit

well i posted this problem a while back in the nitrous forum so im over here looking for some more answers. the wires and everything are re-ran so thats all good and the nitrous works and all but when the switch is off and the 2 wires (one to the tps and one to the o2 sensor) is hooked up and i start the car it starts sputtering and ill have to rev the hell outta the car and then it will be fine, but only until i shut it off and then start it up again, it does NOT do this at stops or anything, the air fuel gauge not wideband goes to red (lean) after the wires are hooked up and when i rev it up when it sputters it reaches its way over to green (rich) and its fine. now since everythings wired correctly do you think it could be because of fuel preasure?

Now i know the wires should have heat wrap around them i suppose but they are 2 connector peices so i dont see the need in head wrapping them if they are 2 plastic connector peices.

remove the thread to nitrous if you mods think its needed but i think this is more a performance electrical issue then nitrous since its all cause of the fuel thats causing this.

Re: car trying to die but only when nitrous is on
Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:03 PM
everyone i read about with that crap kit has had problems or blew up the motor.

why not go with a simple NOS kit?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:48 PM
give me some links to some kits for my car that are the cheapest in price and ill consider it, ill sell my kit around my region soon once i find a good one.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:42 AM
Hmmm... I don't have NOS, but maybe this will help. I had a neon that had a dash tach, but I got a big one for my birthday and put it in the car. With both tachs running, they read 1/2 the actual rpm. Maybe your problem is that the nos kit is drawing power off the tps or o2 sensor and giving a false reading to the pcm.

I'd try unhooking 1 of those 2 wires and see which one is causing the problem. If it's the o2 sensor, that's an easy fix, just weld in another bung and have a second o2 sensor just for the nos kit.

Have you tried contacting Venom? Maybe they've got some insight into this.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search