I have a Goal! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I have a Goal!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:56 PM
ok guys i have a small stupid goal i want to be able to beat a stock 3800II what would it take for my 2.2 5speed to beat one i am thinking about NOS but i need to learn more before i do that i need some help

Re: I have a Goal!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:18 PM
search all the mods most of us have listed. shifters, intakes,TB, exhaust, turbo will do it NP . nos will do it to but its a slow death for your engine and its a constant payment to refill.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:55 PM
you need to learn to call nitrous, nitrous. not NOS. NOS is a brand of nitrous

best bet is to swap out your engine seeing how it only has 115 hp for an ecotec. or maybe a 2.4

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:59 PM
i dont need to learn anything you still knew what i was talking about so ya and no i am not swaping engines but thanks for the tips
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:06 PM
was not trying to be mean. but when calling nitrous nos you sound like a moron who watched Fast and the Furious one to many times

but the thing is its probaly going to take a lot for your 2.2 to bet a 3800. more then what you are willing to spend

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:13 PM
nick renaud wrote:search all the mods most of us have listed. shifters, intakes,TB, exhaust, turbo will do it NP . nos will do it to but its a slow death for your engine and its a constant payment to refill.

what big mod isn't a slow death to an engine?

And how much maintainence goes into keeping a boosted motor running correct? How much do the parts cost to get it running right AND by doing it the right way?

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:19 PM
O and getting a 2200 to beat a GXP isn't all that hard!!!! Just remember our weight advantage plays a big role in alot of the cars we face out there.

Also, I'd recommend:

Custom "cheap" intake (don't waste money on AEM or INJEN or any other intake over $100)
Pacesette header +downpipe
Full 2 & 1/4" custom exhaust from local exhaust shop
Stock comp forged pistons
Eagle Rods
Nx Stg I nitrous kit (75shot or 100shot)
Stg II or III clutch (same price, your choice)
HpTuners Pro

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:27 PM
wow looks like its going to take quite a bit i was thing about running a nitrous system
ebay header lol and doing a exhaust i am on the cheap side and yes i know speed is not cheap ohh and doing a short shifter. could i run a 75 shot on a 224km fire without blowing my engine? i was thinking nitrous alone would do it but i guess not
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:28 PM
Or boost if you want........

With boost you have a better chance of increasing power down the line if you got the engine built more (bottom end, head porting, and valvetrain)

You can spend alot on a generic bolt-on kit or piece one together for sometimes $1000 cheaper than ones sold online! With that you'll still want to get:

Stg II or III clutch
HpTuners
3in exhaust or open dump
Lower comp pistons
Eagle Rods

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:39 PM
For me, on any high mileage motor that I want to add some significant power to I would first:

Get a compression test*
Open her up and get the block and head cleaned
Check for any abrasions on the cylinder walls
Change out the gaskets
Re torque every or almost every nut and bolt to spec while putting the engine back together
Run some seafoam through the engine to clean the fuel system out*
Change my spark plugs (which you'll have to do anyway with nitrous or boost)*
Get a general tune up*
Get the oil changed*

Or the easiest way, swap another low mileage engine into it. Every engine has different problems and so on so everything I just said might even be neccesary. Everything I put a * by is something that I recommend doing if you don't have the time or know how to accomplish the harder things.

For the 2200, it doesn't accept a 75shot or more than 8-10pis for a long time before giving up. Some have pushed those limits (me and many others) and have had success but I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you have another car on hand to drive or have the hands, tools, and parts to get a problem fixed fast.

And yea, speed isn't cheap, but it can be cheaper if you do alot of research and learn to do alot of your own work. Becomig good friends of a couple local shops and auto guru's around town doesn't hurt either

Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:54 AM
i plan on running only a 35-50 shot through my 2200 for awhile... until i can get a spare engine and build it up...

***Need A Power Lock Switch?***

Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:00 PM
Quote:

nos will do it to but its a slow death for your engine

do you have proof of this... nitrous only strains the engine when its used, where as boost is constant strain, wether your using it or not, its always cramming more air into your engine... plus ive read that nitrous detonation is easier repaired than boost detonation..

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:16 PM
Madison Zanette wrote:i dont need to learn anything you still knew what i was talking about so ya and no i am not swaping engines but thanks for the tips

I beg to differ. Learn how to read, and use the search function. That will answer your question. You should also learn not to get lippy with people that are just trying to help you not look like the idiot you clearly are.

Sask GM Performance (formerly SaskJbody) president
Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:33 PM
mattf wrote:
Madison Zanette wrote:i dont need to learn anything you still knew what i was talking about so ya and no i am not swaping engines but thanks for the tips

I beg to differ. Learn how to read, and use the search function. That will answer your question. You should also learn not to get lippy with people that are just trying to help you not look like the idiot you clearly are.

please stay out of my thread if you have nothing usefull to say while you are in it thanks i can read fine aswell

Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:58 PM
Madison Zanette wrote:
mattf wrote:

please stay out of my thread if you have nothing usefull to say while you are in it thanks i can read fine aswell

Too bad you can't use punctuation. He was trying to help you. Say thanks.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:02 PM
Not only is this guy not intelligent, hes ignorant, why help him?
Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:14 PM
w\e cool guys. well i plan on doing a header and a cat back and running a nitrous system i just had my tranny rebuilt i am going to look into this seafoam i have heard of it before. Thanks bballljamal for the help and the info...
Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:08 PM
i never cared for seafoam. some people run it thru the engine. i did that and white smoke poured out of my tail pipe for a while. then white smoke came out of my tail pipe for a while

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:19 PM
99redz24 wrote:i never cared for seafoam. some people run it thru the engine. i did that and white smoke poured out of my tail pipe for a while. then white smoke came out of my tail pipe for a while

is that a good thing? lol does not sound like it
Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:23 PM
I beat stock ones all the time........ but I have a 2.4 with quiet a few mods

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:32 PM
Z Speed Cavi wrote:I beat stock ones all the time........ but I have a 2.4 with quiet a few mods

ohh man that would be nice to do

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:37 PM
99redz24 wrote:i never cared for seafoam. some people run it thru the engine. i did that and white smoke poured out of my tail pipe for a while. then white smoke came out of my tail pipe for a while

I run it through the gas tank so no white stuff comes out. If you run it through a vaccum or your intake white smoke will pour out. It's perfectly normal and most auto stores will tell you that also! It's hilarious to do it at car meets because everyone thinks your car is crap or something. But no, white smoke out of the exhaust is perfectly fine! Trust me!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:05 PM
i know its normal but white smoke came out for weeks afterwards. not as much when i first did it, but it was noticeable.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:38 PM
I thought seafoam is bad for the injectors

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:13 AM
if anything seafoam is good for your injectors unless you want carbon build up on em .... in that case its bad..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search