Crank sensor..anyone know? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crank sensor..anyone know?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:29 PM
Hey guys! just tuning the the stroker and before i got and close everything up and throw it in the car id like to make SURE that my CPS is reading right...since it has to be repositioned in a different location the cps has to be set by eye so i did the best i could and i think i came pretty close..from what i can tell i got the tip of the cps 1/16" away from the notch ring...but id like to turn the crank a few times and test it out with my ohm meter..anyone know what im SUPPOSE to read on it?? thanks guys!

Re: Crank sensor..anyone know?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:06 PM
why don't you get a feeler gauge and go through the bottom and make sure the gap is right?

Re: Crank sensor..anyone know?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:19 PM
well..i did the best i could..since the end of the cps is a magnet everytime you get it too close to the crank it wants to stick ..so, i put it in the new hole,put a 1/16" thick washer on the end of it then let it stick ..secured the cps tightly in that location and sealed up any gaps around it..let it dry over night and pulled out the washer the next day..if it has to be any closer than that i really have NO idea howto do it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search