2200 sfi box.... how to remove (intake) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 sfi box.... how to remove (intake)
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:44 PM

Ok so not hard to understand, i want to remove this box so i can do a custom cold air intake... i want to go and get the tubing i just dont know how to get this piece off... i noticed that it has one single bolt above the valve cover (duh i unscrewd that) and then there is a metal tighting piece.... i dont know how to reach it. Well anyways cna you just tell me how you got yours off?

Re: 2200 sfi box.... how to remove (intake)
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:06 PM
I cut mine off with a torch.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:14 PM
lol.... thats one way but this is my daily driver and im sure there is a safer way to remove it without almost recking the rest of the car...ne1?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:23 PM
What do you mean by the metal tighting piece? All i remember was the one bolt on the valve cover, and the thingy that tightens the box onto the TB.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:23 PM
drive the car, warm everything up

then take off all the intake parts, the filter and tube and everything, then take out the 1 bolt that holds it in, and rotate the box back and forth, and pull up at the same time, i didnt loosen anything when i did it, it was warm and it just popped off
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:25 PM
Dude, if you are to lazy to figure out how to take of your 2200 box then you shouldnt be working on your own car. I am sorry for being an ass but this is one of the stupidest questions I have every seen.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:28 PM
wow... thanks a$$... im sorry this is my only car and considering im 17 i dont wanna F@&K my car up by taking a blow torch to the thing. I just wanted to be sure there wanst a screw or something i was missing, this site is to help people so if your gonna just be a dick shut up and leave.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you all you need to do now is untighten that metal piece on the Throttle body.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:07 PM
remove the clamp on the hose for the vent tube on the valve cover and pull it off. then take a flat head screwdriver and unscrew the clamp on the tb and pull up on it and it should come off

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:08 PM
its really not that hard...look for the bolts holding it in and take them off. Or take it to a shop and let them over charge you, since thats what they do to most ricers. You'll fit right in

deleted
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:53 AM
oh yea I forgot the 1 10 MM bold on the left side that bolts it down to the valve cover. it's on the left side in the middle of it.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:36 AM
G Russ wrote:wow... thanks a$$... im sorry this is my only car and considering im 17 i dont wanna F@&K my car up by taking a blow torch to the thing. I just wanted to be sure there wanst a screw or something i was missing, this site is to help people so if your gonna just be a dick shut up and leave.

If you think I actually took a blow torch to my intake box you completely missed the sarcasm. I am just saying that if you got off the computer for the 2 minutes it took you to type in the question you could have already found the one bolt on the valve cover, the metal band clamp down by the throttle body, and the breather hose. You wasted more time on here typing because you were to lazy to just bend over and look.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:35 PM

G Russ wrote:
i noticed that it has one single bolt above the valve cover (duh i unscrewd that) and then there is a metal tighting piece.... i dont know how to reach it. ?

LOL you r a joke dude, i stated all the info before and i wasnt being lazy. i lookd at my engine and saw all that and did take off the screw. if you wernt so lazy and would have read my post you would notice that i knew about both of these things. I just wanted to hear how some people got it off. and also i have a warranty on my car so im not going to do this for a little while, but want to have everything ready and planed for major modification.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:06 PM

1.)Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator mounting screw (4).
2.)Disconnect the air cleaner outlet resonator clamp at the throttle body (2).
3.)Remove the air cleaner outlet duct from air cleaner outlet resonator and air cleaner assembly.
4.)Disconnect the crankcase vent hose clamp (3) and the crankcase vent hose from the top of the engine.
5.)Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator (1).

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:12 AM
i like this cavy ^^^^^^^^^^

Friday, August 11, 2006 10:01 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
1.)Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator mounting screw (4).
2.)Disconnect the air cleaner outlet resonator clamp at the throttle body (2).
3.)Remove the air cleaner outlet duct from air cleaner outlet resonator and air cleaner assembly.
4.)Disconnect the crankcase vent hose clamp (3) and the crankcase vent hose from the top of the engine.
5.)Remove the air cleaner outlet resonator (1).

wow. you don't mess around. i think the poster of this thread owes you a cookie or something

Friday, August 11, 2006 5:27 PM
Just curious everyone..... how hard is it to put back on? cuz i want to also paint my valve cover and start on the new intake (but still have to be able to put the old box back on, since i am going into the dealership to have a couple things worked on....) and if its a big pain and hard to get it back on i might hold off.... ne input would be great!

Friday, August 11, 2006 5:44 PM
its just as hard as taking it off... its not... if some bolts and screws are going to hold u back then stop now. dont be scared, u really cant mess anything up

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:38 PM
if your talking about taking the car to the dealership with the valve cover off i would reccomend against it. Also, taking the valve cover off is alot more difficult then the 2200 box. Don't get me wrong, its not hard at all, but if your having problems with that box it may be pretty challenging. I'm not trying to insult you.

Friday, August 11, 2006 7:22 PM
No its alright, i really appreciate all your help and suggestions... and actually i havnt even attempted to remove the air box, i just wanted to get all my facts straight and im not driving to the dealership with the valve cover off lol, but know im just the person that likes to have all the info and facts straight before they start messing with stuff. (expescially considering this is my first and only car and im 17 lol) THNX again tho LEMUR and EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR HELP ..... the CAI should be coming soon.. i put up a post about it

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:12 PM
no prob man. Let me know if you need any help with the valve cover thing. its pretty straight forward but whatever. My email is in my profile.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search