Decisions are so difficult... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decisions are so difficult...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:51 AM
Well, I need to decide what I am doing with my car next, and I am not quite sure exactly what I want, because so many options sound so good. Here's what I have now:

1998 Cavalier Z24
- RKSport Catback exhaust (single)
- AEM short ram intake
- Tein S.Tech Springs w/ Tokico D-Spec Shocks (+ a camber kit)
- Vibrant Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Addco 1-inch Rear Sway Bar

Now I have about $3,000 to drop in the engine. I am looking for a decent horsepower gain, although I want my engine to last a good 2 years (it already has about 115,000 miles on it, running perfectly now with no modifications). I thought about upgrading internals, and I also thought about boost, nitrous, and I've looked at several options. I haven't really looked into swapping motors, and didn't really know what was available (if there is anything) in that respect. I want to do it all right, I've owned this car for a very long time (since it had 48 miles on it), but I have the bug to make it go fast, because I love it.

Let me know what you all think.

1998 Cavalier Z24

Re: Decisions are so difficult...
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:11 PM
Its much simple to get internals and juice it up ! just look at the Boost forum and the Nitrous forum and see who has more problem... in fact i bet the nitrous forums gets a new thread 1 every four days or so .. guesstimate. but is all up to you .
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:39 PM
I am putting a bunch of money into my car also. building and boosting. honestly i would boost first. learn to tune on the engine now, then build it and boost it more. just my 2cents

http://www.helpelijah.com
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:57 PM
i say more for the boost part the the nitrous part.....but thats my two cents

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:01 PM
Study your options! You can go turbo, supercharger, nitrous or natrually asperated. Look into your options and decide what you want to do,don't let others decide for you. It's your car and you should set a goal for what you want to do, then develop a plan accordingly. Then, do some research into the best build-up you can do for your goals.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search