ho adapter does not line up at all - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ho adapter does not line up at all
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:27 PM
ok i got my ho adapter today and put it up to the head it does not even get close to lining up there is a huge ridge at the bottom of each port cuz the adapter sits to low on the head the intake part looks good but these ho adaptors do not line up on the head and that sharp flat edge has to be restricting air flow ..........has any one had this problem?????? i almost think the stock intake manifold would flow better with a bigger t/b than the ho with this adapter

Re: ho adapter does not line up at all
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:36 PM
no. I don't think anyone's had this problem, let's see a picture, maybe I can help.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:45 PM
sounds like you may have it upsidedown and/or backwards....i had the same issues then realized it was flipfloped.....try that....if not shoot up a pic

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:54 AM
ok go to this link on putfile to see the pictures i think you might need to copy it then paste it in you browser http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/15010495256.jpg&s=f5

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:46 AM
The original adapters didn't line up to the head well.
But they lined up to the manifold really nice.

Now with the second run, it may be the same issue.
Line up to the HO mani fine, but the cylinderhead maybe not.

Doens't take much to port on the head though.
Have at it.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:55 AM
yeah i know but i cant port it with the head on the car can i will get metal shavings in the head and stuff

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:43 AM
that sucks

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:26 AM
WTF?? I thought the whole point of the adapter was to clean up the install process... Now your telling me that I have to port the head as well??? WTF... I'm starting to think these ADAPTERS are a joke... I was going to be doing this install in the next week or two and now I'm starting to think I'll just get my throttle body ported...

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:36 AM
Hey I didn't notice before when I sent you the Email back, but it is installed backwards. The grooves on the adapter face the other way!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:58 AM
no it is not back wards and even if it was i have tried both ways looks the same ether way and if it was backward you would see the slots for the injectors on the top if the flange

silver_00zed24
i was told this was the frist modle of the flanges to come out and they have improved them now just to let you know but i would looking into it

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:59 PM
It looks like it was machined backwards, I've seen another the same way.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:37 PM
Silver_00ZED24 wrote:WTF?? I thought the whole point of the adapter was to clean up the install process... Now your telling me that I have to port the head as well??? WTF... I'm starting to think these ADAPTERS are a joke... I was going to be doing this install in the next week or two and now I'm starting to think I'll just get my throttle body ported...

Man, this hopefully does not turn into what you speak

J
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:43 PM
Z Styling wrote:
Silver_00ZED24 wrote:WTF?? I thought the whole point of the adapter was to clean up the install process... Now your telling me that I have to port the head as well??? WTF... I'm starting to think these ADAPTERS are a joke... I was going to be doing this install in the next week or two and now I'm starting to think I'll just get my throttle body ported...

???

Jack of all trades.
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:30 PM
mine was from the first batch and was lining up fine too!
you got a defect. maybe you can contact chris and talk to him about that issue!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:23 PM
imine lined up just fin ...hmmmm....i had mine from the first batch as well

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:39 PM
THIS IS CHRIS FONTANA POSTING FROM MY GFS ACCOUNT

You first of all know nothing about what you are talking about. You have never held one in your hands or actually seen the port match.

That was the original flange it was fine and 30 people have it and have never complained. It is a great flange and the only flaw was on the bottom which was something not thought of since it was the first flange and the prototype. I call this the phase one flange, it is great flowing and the flange needs to be pushed up a bit (A Little Slop in the bolt holes) and there will be a little over a quarter inch of blockage, which does not matter much. These are 150HP 4cyl engines not 500HP race engines people. As stated before many people have this and they knew of the flaw before hand, thus is why it was later corrected.

This guy did not contact me first like he should had to try and soil my name. Here was my reply to him:

That is a very old flange, it was the first one I ever made. It has since been improved, you did not buy it directly from me, must had been second hand sale. It also looks used. The flange will work and has been for 25 other people with that flange. That flange lacks the transition on the bottom, which I later added. That's why those were a lower price and known as phase one flanges. They work excellent and I have never had one complaint. The major benefit is less heat transfer.

These flanges are and always have been the smartest way to do the HO Swap. Since no decent port match can be done withoug welding my flanges save time, money and the best part is they are PHENOLIC! You guys have no idea how expensive this stuff is. I am doing everyone a favor and making these. Lets see somone else front 800$ of their own money per order to help out some people. I have a SC I dont need these, lol.

Next time there is a problem please email me first and I can explain it. I dont want my name trashed or my product trashed and take it very seriously. I believe I have a good reputation on here for working hard to help people, and deliver a good product at LOW cost.

Thanks
Chris Fontana
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:45 PM
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:31 PM
i have a batch one flange and no problems here works great

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:06 PM
sorry i was not trying to scare people away from your product
i was just trying to get if fixed so it flows better
as for the problem i am just adding high heat apoxy to the bottom to bring it up and iam porting the side of the flange to meet with the head so it will work now that iam modding it to fit but please dont think iam trying to scare you way from Chris's products iam sure they has far improved sense this one was made last year

sorry chris i didnt think of emailing you tell some one mentioned it

thank you
Paul Tjepkes

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:19 PM
Leah Laniok wrote:THIS IS CHRIS FONTANA POSTING FROM MY GFS ACCOUNT

You first of all know nothing about what you are talking about. You have never held one in your hands or actually seen the port match.

That was the original flange it was fine and 30 people have it and have never complained. It is a great flange and the only flaw was on the bottom which was something not thought of since it was the first flange and the prototype. I call this the phase one flange, it is great flowing and the flange needs to be pushed up a bit (A Little Slop in the bolt holes) and there will be a little over a quarter inch of blockage, which does not matter much. These are 150HP 4cyl engines not 500HP race engines people. As stated before many people have this and they knew of the flaw before hand, thus is why it was later corrected.

This guy did not contact me first like he should had to try and soil my name. Here was my reply to him:

That is a very old flange, it was the first one I ever made. It has since been improved, you did not buy it directly from me, must had been second hand sale. It also looks used. The flange will work and has been for 25 other people with that flange. That flange lacks the transition on the bottom, which I later added. That's why those were a lower price and known as phase one flanges. They work excellent and I have never had one complaint. The major benefit is less heat transfer.

These flanges are and always have been the smartest way to do the HO Swap. Since no decent port match can be done withoug welding my flanges save time, money and the best part is they are PHENOLIC! You guys have no idea how expensive this stuff is. I am doing everyone a favor and making these. Lets see somone else front 800$ of their own money per order to help out some people. I have a SC I dont need these, lol.

Next time there is a problem please email me first and I can explain it. I dont want my name trashed or my product trashed and take it very seriously. I believe I have a good reputation on here for working hard to help people, and deliver a good product at LOW cost.

Thanks
Chris Fontana

Chris the only reason I said that is b/c when I first looked into getting one of these flanges I was given the impression that it was a simple bolt in between with no need to massage the holes or anything... I have since learned that this is not the case and I, like Paul, came into the possession of a used adapter... Needless to say I was shocked and more than a little disappointed when I saw these pictures as I was unaware of the "first batch" issues... I'm not sure where mine falls in with the batching but I would assume it is a "first batch" adapter... I apologize for vocalizing my opinion/feelings at the time... Now that is has been explained a little more I am still disappointed but it is that I never knew about this previously. Of course that is no one's fault but my own for not doing the research... I'm not meaning to trash your name and I apologize if you took my comments as that... It was not my intention, I was just venting...

Jack of all trades.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 3:11 AM
Silver_00ZED24 wrote:
Z Styling wrote:

???

As others have replied now I was scared that something was wrong with the flange but it sounds like this particuliar original poster got a defective one. I am happily awaiting mine from the recent GP

J

Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:45 AM
Z Styling wrote:
Silver_00ZED24 wrote:
Z Styling wrote:

???

As others have replied now I was scared that something was wrong with the flange but it sounds like this particuliar original poster got a defective one. I am happily awaiting mine from the recent GP

Incorrect this was not a defective flange in any way. They worked great and I have some 30 happy customers. There was only one flaw which was later corrected. The current flanges are optimal and have not been changed since the first batch. The flange was not defective, it was just one of the first batch, works fine.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:11 AM
Quote:

yeah i know but i cant port it with the head on the car can i will get metal shavings in the head and stuff

I beg to differ on that.
Just have to mask the area around the head and in the intake openings.
And port away. Its not the most ideal, but it works.
Granted the one side where the altenator is, got annoying.

But I too have pics of the older flange and how theres the extra space.
But its still a good flange, and I'd use it......if I still had it....
And I"m an auto so it's good to have for the spacing.

Have fun,
-M

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:31 AM
Oh wow, just saw the pics.
Umm yeah that didn't seem right.
Hopefully you work it out.

-M

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:20 AM
Mine looks the same way, with the ridge on the bottom, but it still works well. I even put fuel through it with extra injectors and have had no problems. You'll be fine with it how it is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search