AEM cold air intake question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM cold air intake question
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:30 PM
I have a 2002 Z24 ecotec. I just installed my cold air intake and everything was fine, but then i noticed a small hard plastic tube that is connected to the end of the fuel rail that doen not connect anywhere. I'm not talking about the larger rubber tube, thats alread connected. Any ideas?? does it need to be hooked up? It was attached to the stock plastic tubing but its really small and i don't see what it does???

Bobbero

Re: AEM cold air intake question
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:48 PM
it goes to a nipple on the intake manifold , its the vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:10 PM
I thought that was the larger rubber hose?

Bobbero
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:27 PM
well the large tube on the cam cover should to into a nipple on the bend of the aem piece near the tb , picture you emailed me

the smaller hose that is a hard plastic and about 1/8" near the power steering pump needs to go to the intake at the base of the tb there is 2 nipples that are capped off and you need to remove the cap and run the small hose to that

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:16 AM
my aem intake came with a small filter for the fpr

kyle
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:52 PM
Same here...my only question is, what happens with the small hole that is in the metal tube on the back side? I can't figure out what that connects to. Any ideas? If you need a picture I'll get it for ya.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:37 PM
Large rubber hose here (ignore fpr tube location....)

fpr vacuum hose

Putting a filter on the fpr will do nothing, you would leave it open and it would do the same thing, it will only result in a constant max fuel pressure... resulting in worst gas mileage (at least a little) Hope it help!!!

Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:19 AM
I had the same issue with my AEM CAI. What I did was get a small brass fitting, threads on one side and a barb vacumn on the other side. Drilled a hole in the plastic intake tube, threaded the fitting in and attached the tube to that. I drilled it a couple of inches from the intake temp sensor, on the TB side of that. Seems to work fine, no impact on milage..etc.
Don
Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:18 AM
Da ghost can please post a or two of where the in goes goes to, i have a cosmo in take and getting a AEM i just want to make sure am getting a CAI and not a WAI,.

thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search