INTAKE *HELP* - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
INTAKE *HELP*
Friday, May 26, 2006 10:34 PM
98 cavalier Z24......what the hell do i do with the clutch fluid when i switch from stock to aftermarket intake. B/C it is connected to the stock intake box...like just above where the box is for the filter. What should i do with it??

O...and how do u match rpms....like from 4th to 3rd u get the rpms at 2.5 do the clutch punch the gas and downshift ....anyone that knows what im talking about......tell me the tricks for the rest of the gears. thanks

Yeah...i just got this car a month ago and its been in the shop for like 3 weeks....so i guess im a "noob" sorry.

Re: INTAKE *HELP*
Friday, May 26, 2006 10:35 PM
Friday, May 26, 2006 10:55 PM
Quote:

98 cavalier Z24......what the hell do i do with the clutch fluid when i switch from stock to aftermarket intake. B/C it is connected to the stock intake box...like just above where the box is for the filter. What should i do with it??

I picked up an AEM Clutch Res Mount from TurboTechRacing

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:06 AM
Mounted mine to a metal bracket that i bolted to the frame, just an l bracket, you can get them at any hardware store. Painted it up, looks totally stock.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:26 AM
The AEM bracket works really good. It is a billet aluminium piece that fits in the bracket that the air box sat in. I picked mine up from Swerve Motorsports for around $20 U.S.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/mykeln/mysig.jpg
Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:08 PM
I just hooked mine on a wire on next to the firewall. I will eventually get an L bracket or something.

Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:23 PM
zip ties!!!
Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:50 PM
Daniel Noriega wrote:zip ties!!!

damn right, i just zip tied mine to some wires...or maybe was somethng else...who knows at least it works and stays in one place.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 10:46 PM
yea, i zipped tied it to somethin, dont remember what though, eh, ill look in the mornin.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search