Venom intake mani for 95-97 2.2?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Venom intake mani for 95-97 2.2??
Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:24 AM
i was cruising ebay and came across this? anyone know if this is BS or actually real? there is a part number that is supposed to fit our engines and i think it'll convert it to top fed. i will try and call Venom later today.

venom intake

http://www.helpelijah.com

Re: Venom intake mani for 95-97 2.2??
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:00 AM
well that doesn't look like it would fit any 95-97 2.2L. But it looks like just a generic picture for all the auctions.

If you could get an actual picture of the actual manifold, that'd be better.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:58 AM
yeah. i was thinking that too, about the picture thing. $599 is a bit much for me but i could swing it to save on the headaches.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:08 AM
that intake in the picture goes to a civic.. but I thought that the intakes from vemoms cost aprox that much as well... I've heard good things about them..

**changes are here**

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:57 AM
i called venom about it. they said it's a good part number, but they still have to make the product. however they probably never will make one.

oh well.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:16 AM
Sean McAfee wrote:i called venom about it. they said it's a good part number, but they still have to make the product. however they probably never will make one.

oh well.

Let me see if I understand this. They have a part number, for an intake manifold, which is for a 95-97 2.2L engine, but they have yet to actually put the part into production? And it's being sold on the internet?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:31 AM
The years they list for those motors make no sense whatsoever. The only one that kind of makes sense is the 90-93 2.2L, but the rest are garbage, I wouldn't trust it at all just for this reason.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:41 AM
Just read the description. Somebody been smoking some bad sh*t. 94-98? That's the thing I don't get. They're not even the same engine.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:52 AM
i know that is what i thought too. but apparently it is very common for a company to make part numbers for items they may or may not ever make. i knew the years were all goofy. the bolt pattern problem was the first thing that popped into my head.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:00 PM
That and the fact that there's the lack of an actual fuel rail, per se, on the pre-98 models. Then there's relocating the TB, and having to find a TB that would work since the pre-98 TB is integrated into the plenum, not to mention proper runner length, plenum volume, and then making it all fit between the head and the firewall.

Why do I say all this? Because I've been wanting to fab my own intake and these are all things I've had to try to account for. I've all but given up on it.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:18 PM
let's see venom This ine comes to mind.null then thier is this one.null Yeah um realy does venom make manifolds for our car ?? their is alot of websites that show diffrent ones that all say venom. I think if their not real or legit products the venom company can sue those distubuters for false advertising. not that makes no sense why they would post venom and not be actual products that would a company in some hot water i know alot of them wouldn't want....

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:25 PM
geez. but look at the years listed for those again are goofy. and so if my english.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:43 PM
NightmaresCavy wrote:let's see venom This ine comes to mind.null then thier is this one.null Yeah um realy does venom make manifolds for our car ?? their is alot of websites that show diffrent ones that all say venom. I think if their not real or legit products the venom company can sue those distubuters for false advertising. not that makes no sense why they would post venom and not be actual products that would a company in some hot water i know alot of them wouldn't want....
Those are both the same manifold, the second is just a generic picture. BOTH are for the LD9, we're looking for an LN2.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:35 PM
here's a link for the 2.2L

http://www.coximport.com/store/M45-358
Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:53 PM
that is the one we were discussing in the first place that doesn't actually exist. at least not from venom.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:46 PM
dont get me started on venom and their intakes for cavy's, try finding their flagship intake manifold model for te 03 cav, then find it for under $1500

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Friday, May 26, 2006 12:22 AM
I'm fabing my own intake as we speak.

I'm kind of new at it, but i have to fab as we're supercharging my 2.2L, and also i've found that i will be fabing a top load fuel rail as well.

As far as i know, runner length isn't as important when supercharging, but i could be wrong. If i am please someone tell me.
Friday, May 26, 2006 3:03 AM
when talking to hahn that is what they told me. runner lenth, and exact angle of fuel injectors are not to important for the fact VE doesn't do much when forcing air into the engine like that. but still try to get the injectors in there at an angle to help reduce the risk of puddling.

i was thinking about getting my father in law to help fab me one since he works for a place where he has access to all kind of machining

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:33 AM
They should tell the tech guys at all the big magazines that. I think it was Modified, but one of them tested this with an Evo. They started with a smaller intake, and worked up to a really big intake, different runner lengths, tapers, plenum volumes, etc and they flat out proved that even with forced induction, size matters when talking about intakes.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:06 AM
hmm. i stand corrected then. i wonder how much of a difference it made.

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:39 AM
I've been searching for the article and I can't find it. It was an issue last summer I think. I remember it was about the time the Scion tC drag car debuted and there was an article about that, too.

They tested all sorts of different setups and it was amazing how much difference different intakes made. I do remember they said the biggest intake they made, although gave a big increase in power, also slowed response and shifted power way up there. I want to find the article so I can post it.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:27 AM
its called a TYPO when they did the years.

it should have been 94-97, not 98! (a simple mistake that they never cuaght)

and it probably uses 98+ 2.2L 2200 TB..

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:59 AM
no, the manifold just does NOT exist.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:05 AM
Ok so, i was thinking crush bend some pipe the size of the intake ports on the head, then weld them to a flange custom made to port nicely, then weld the intake to another flange that will connect straight up to the 3800 supercharger we're installing. Then I'd have to build a custom fuel rail, so i'm not sure where to go from there, but i talked with venom and again they confirmed they have a part number but do not typically have these in stock? Whatever that means.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:31 AM
Okay, let's take a step back. You're trying to put a 3800 supercharger on an LN2. I very well could be wrong but I'm 99.99999% sure this just isn't going to work.

Second, I'd be weary about buying this intake. I'd want to see a production model before even considering it. And Venom has said first that they haven't put into production, and then said they don't normally have it in stock. It's one or the other. I'd want to know for sure.

Now let's put two and two together. The Venom intake, for any motor, be it Honda or Mitsubishi, or whatever, especially the LN2 which doesn't exist, won't accomodate ANY root's type supercharger, it just isn't physically possible due to the inherent design. And to try to fit the 3800 unit on the LN2 is, well, a waste of time. I can, however, see the idea of the 2.4 supercharger being retrofitted, but again, I'm not too sure it's possible.

However, should you manage to pull it off, post some pics, and a video of it functioning correctly, and I will personally drive to your home, and kiss your ass.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search