little update on raven - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
little update on raven
Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:40 PM
Engine has been stripped, cleaned, and the cyclinder walls redone but I have run into a little issue. Since my crank had been turned the last time I spun a bearing, we decided it was a bad idea to try and grind any more off it. I'v been having a really hard time finding one around here as anyone who has an engine doesn't want to break it down just for the crank. I have found one out of OH and it should be sent out at the beginning of this week but it has set me back some. While the car has been down though I have purchased some extra goodies for it. I'll post picks when they come in.

In the mean time I decided to strip out the engine bay, it's going to be sprayed black next weeked. I also wanted to clean up the wiring in the car, 5 years of adding and taking away makes quite the mess of wire. Under the hood I wired the intercooler pump and the nitrous system into the main harness and into the factory fuse panel with factory relays. At the firewall I'm going to use an 8 pin harness connector (3800 ignition harness) and run 8 leads into the car through the factory gromet (Nitrous arming switch, purge, fan switch, etc.). Most of them will be unused for now but will come in handy for guages in the future and I won't have to dig through the main harness to find them. I'll get some pics through out the week as I lay everything out in the car. Here are some pics I took today while I was cleaning up the car.

In the box is every bolt and nut from the engine. They have all been cleaned, labled and sorted into sandwich baggies. lol You think I'm being a little too anal about everything being clean this time around.

What a mess!

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132

Re: little update on raven
Saturday, May 20, 2006 6:00 PM
sweet.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:10 PM
how many hp do you get out of the heniken mod?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:26 PM
holy @!#$.

it runs of beer?

Wow...

Wow....

....wow

Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:28 PM
Raven -

I had a question to ask of you since I'm sure you're one that knows (if i remember the pics correctly for one) I know the massive number of ft/lbs that's making is probably damaging. On my 3400 swap I want to add the top engine mounts for the 3100 W-body. I'm worried about the torque bending that radiator support. How did you remedy this situation on your car?

Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:22 AM
SHOoff wrote:Raven -

I had a question to ask of you since I'm sure you're one that knows (if i remember the pics correctly for one) I know the massive number of ft/lbs that's making is probably damaging. On my 3400 swap I want to add the top engine mounts for the 3100 W-body. I'm worried about the torque bending that radiator support. How did you remedy this situation on your car?

The best advice I can give you is not to use them unless you are going to tube the front end, we learned this the hard way. The stock rad support is no where near strong enough to carry the load, my front mounts are more for show now than anything. Originally we thought that welding in angle iron behind it and extending it out to the frame would work. We were using three mounts below, (two tranny mounts and one central lower engine mount.) I ended up bending the rad support (and the angle iron behind it) in about two inches and that was on the first test drive. We ended up scraping the dog bones and building an engine mount on each side of the block in addition to the two tranny mounts. The next 3800 swap was done without using dog bones and the upper rad support and he hasen't had any problems with it. The person you should talk to about this is Brad, he used some mounts from a dodge on his 3.4l DOHC and it works really well. Send him an email at doublez@eastlink.ca and he should be able to help you out.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:26 AM
It's all about the beer mods, lots of power to be had there.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:38 PM
the raven cav is gonna look bad ass , and run even better now

Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:41 PM
Ya know James, if you talk to me once in awhile on MSN, you would have found out I could have sent you a crank for free....... tsk tsk.

Good luck with the overhaul

Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:47 PM
Good luck Raven, get it running again

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:55 AM
Isaak wrote:Ya know James, if you talk to me once in awhile on MSN, you would have found out I could have sent you a crank for free....... tsk tsk.

Good luck with the overhaul

Damn it...I'm on MSN right now and your not. Send me an email asap, thanks.

raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search