exhaust for with 086 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust for with 086
Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:08 AM
well i was just wondering what size exhaust people were running N/A with the 086 head and what type of exhuast.. im going to be running High Compression pistons . i was thinking of dumping it to the side like some of the Srt-4s do it.. or just cat back... does anyone know what size KARO has his or what style ? or anyone else running the 086 ? im thinking is going to be a resonator and a muffler no cat. all these people tell me about having back pressure and i shouldnt go with the Dump but..iunno what do yall think ? im not trying to make it sound nice either, ill go with what ever gives me more power... thanks away

Re: exhaust for with 086
Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:16 AM
Use a cat.

You'll need a 90-92 Ho exhaust manifold. It's a big cast manifold. Heavy but it flow better than anything out there (except for the TRS header but it's only for N and L body).

get a 2.5" exhaust. Mine is 2.5" mendrel bend from the manifold to the mufler.

With that head, you'll have alot more flow so 2.5" is a must. The stock exhaust size on a 2.3 is 2.25" so 2.5" is NOT too big.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:50 AM
So its a no for the Dump ? you know how most Fox bodys have dumps.... thats what i mean .. its really common for Srt4's and its alot cheaper than having it to the back.. its like 3 feet of piping or less....
Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:54 AM
you can do it but with a 2.5" exhaust IT WILL BE LOUD.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search