HO mani questions, searched - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO mani questions, searched
Monday, May 15, 2006 4:49 PM
I have a 2001 Z-24 5spd. I just recived my HO mani and T/B. I have read the both the Quad 4 Forums install guide and the NY j's guide.

However i still have a few questions.

Also the NY-j how to guide metions a throttle cable brace found only on 95 j's. Do i need this for it to work? Where do i get it besides other then the junk yard?

Up to date the hardest thing I have installed is a new header. It took me a good 3+ hours to do that and that isn't including welding.

Thanks for any advice and i may post new/more questions later.

Thanks

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Re: HO mani questions, searched
Monday, May 15, 2006 4:52 PM
Pics no work

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:58 PM
I have a 2001 Z-24 5spd. I just recived my HO mani and T/B. I have read the both the Quad 4 Forums install guide and the NY j's guide.

However i still have a few questions.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13419315919.jpg&s=f5
Blue: Vac line to MAP sensor on the T/B ?
Red: I am supposed to plug this up right?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13419324534.jpg&s=f5
Pink: Line going to the Fuel Rail?
Dark Red: What goes here?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/13419332540.jpg&s=f5
Red: Where does this plug into after the swap? The senser in red that come on the mani in the first picture fits this plug, is that where it goes?

Also the NY-j how to guide metions a throttle cable brace found only on 95 j's. Do i need this for it to work? Where do i get it besides other then the junk yard?

Up to date the hardest thing I have installed is a new header. It took me a good 3+ hours to do that and that isn't including welding.

Thanks for any advice and i may post new/more questions later.

Thanks

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:00 PM
Sorry for the double post, still fairly new to posting.

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:21 PM
1. Vac line to the MAP sensor, yes, you can mount it where ever you want. Plug up that other hole.

2. That does not go to the fuel rail, it can go to the FPR though. Plug the other hole or route the crankcase breather to it somehow.

3. The red place in the first pic is the position from the 2.3, but it does not have to go there, any place in the intake piping is fine.

You only need that throttle cable bracket if you plan on keeping the cruise control, only place to get it is a junkyard, GM doesn't carry it anymore.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, May 15, 2006 10:01 PM
If i keep my 2.4 T/B can i keep my cruise control? Also, anyone know if the 60mm T/B from mantapart or other places have cruise control?

If i don't have cruise hooked up what do i do with the left over cable? Also will i have to lengthen the throttle cable or anything to reach the new location?

Thanks

Shawn M.

Monday, May 15, 2006 10:20 PM
basicly there are two lines that go to the manifold. the one for the MAP, and the fuel rail/FPR. The other two large holes you have need pluged up.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:18 AM
Thats a good question if you use the stock 2.4 throttle body will all the lines reach and work including the cruise control without modification.
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:25 AM
Anyone know?

Quote:

If i keep my 2.4 T/B can i keep my cruise control? Also, anyone know if the 60mm T/B from mantapart or other places have cruise control?

Also what Nathan said.

Shawn M.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 6:24 PM
Anyone know which sensors i should use? One said to use the sensors that came with the T/B and the other said to use the sensors that are for your car. Which one is right? And the questions above.

Thanks

Shawn M

Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:01 PM
use the sensors that are for the TB. 2.4 sensors go on 2.4 TB, and 2.3 sensors go on 2.3 tb.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search